Latest post Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:58 PM by jmac. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 3:30 AM

• jmac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 19 2010
    • Brisbane Australia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

Nvidia Quadro FX1800 issues?

I have an issue at MC 5.0 startup.  When I boot MC 5, I get a window that says "Palette must be set to True Colour. Use the Display Properties...". So I open Control Panel/Appearance & Personalization/Display/Adjust resolution/Advanced settings/ monitor/colours/True colour - 32 bit -Apply.

MC will run but the Recorder Monitor freeezes on the first frame while the audio follows the time line. Similarly, if a load a clip imto the source monitor it freezes on the first frame and the audio keeps playing through the clip. If I stop the clip it freezes on the stopped clip. If I sweep the timeline with a right click on the mouse the clip will play through the monitor. This video card issue occured after I had not used the computer for about a month. Everthing else on the computer seems fine.

Then, if I close MC 5 and re-boot the same window appears " Palette...." - Groundhog day! The windows 7 platform seems to be working OK but the true colors setting doesn't seem to be working with MC5. Also on the drop down menu when I adjust the Display Properties when MC is running there is an extra item for 256 colours which doesn't appear when I adjust the display properties when MC is not running ie in Win 7.

I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 video card with 190.38 drivers which I have uninstalled and re-installed. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime ver 7.6.6. I am using Win 7 Professional 64 bit. Anti virus is disabled. I have not installed any updates. I am still using ver 5.0 as I have not struck any of the issues in the readme for the updates and read about some issues associated with some of the updates. Maybe that is my problem. I'm stumped on this one. I'm sure it's a video card issue but I've run out of ideas.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS; Intel 930 Core i7 2.8 Ghz CPU; Asus P6T-Deluxe-V2 motherboard; Geil 12G 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM; Seagate 500G 16Mcache 7200rpm SATA HDD;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:27 AM In reply to

• Henk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 281
    • Points 3,925

Re: Nvidia Quadro FX1800 issues?

I use the same Quadro and my driver version is 197.59

DirectX version 11.0

Quicktime version 7.6.6

Windows 7 Prof 64 bits and everything works well, so it can be the Quadro version ?

Recom Powerstation black with Recom Pro Engine M850 Power/ Processor Intel Core i7 920,s1366 2,66Mhz QPI/ Memory = 2 x 3 x 2Gb (total 12Gb)/ 2 HD 750Gb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:38 AM In reply to

Windows 7 uses it's Aero display technology which allows many of the fancy display stuff that looks so cool in Windows 7 (like the transparent drop shadows etc)

When you start up MC it switches the display to a basic display (as MC doesn't support Aero on the desktop) and that's why you see different colour options.

Without MC running open the diplay control panel and slide the theme window down so you can pick windows classic (the old simple look).

Save that.

The right click on my computer and choose properties. Choose advanced system settings. On the Advanced tab click the top choice settings (under performance) tick the Adjust for best performance option.

You will now have switched off all the fancy stuff.

Now try MC and see what happens.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:54 PM In reply to

• jmac
    • Not Ranked
    • Brisbane Australia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

Thanks Pat,

I changed the settings to Classic etc but when I open MC it was in the Win 7 format. I changed the Win 7 MC platform to Classic but I end up with the same problem . Do I need a reboot?

Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS; Intel 930 Core i7 2.8 Ghz CPU; Asus P6T-Deluxe-V2 motherboard; Geil 12G 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM; Seagate 500G 16Mcache 7200rpm SATA HDD;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 12:58 PM In reply to

• jmac
    • Not Ranked
    • Brisbane Australia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 190

Henk,

Don't know if I should change from the Avid certified drivers but it might be worth a try

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller