Latest post Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:44 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:48 PM

• jdbrewer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 2 2006
    • Salt Lake City, Utah
    • Posts 53
    • Points 875

Relink to R3D via AMA

Hello Smart People,

We are trying to link a sequence via AMA to our client's original .R3D files.  Here's the backstory:

- Original sequence was cut in FCP, and linked to the 'M" flavor of the Quicktime RED proxy files (.mov's)

- Sequence was exported as AAF thru Automatic Duck's Pro Export FCP - (with "Prepare for AMA Relink" option selected)

- AAF imported into MC 5.0.3

Here's what I THINK the problem is: The clips that come in with the AAF point to the .MOV (proxy) as their source file, and I need them to point to the .R3D.  

I can get the .R3D files to show up in my bin, using AMA.  But I am unable to relink my sequence clips (from the AAF) to those .R3D clips.

How can I re-point the sequence clips to the .R3D files?  Is there another way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dual Boot Symphony/DS Nitris [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: Relink to R3D via AMA

Have you tried re-linking the sequence (and not the clips it's composed of)?

As part of my tests with AMA I've frequently ended up with a sequence that would re-link to AMA material but the subclips that make up that sequence wouldn't.

Not sure on this but I think you can copy your sequence into the AMA bin with the red clips in. select everything and choose to relink selected items. But that may just be a daft AMA dance I'm doing....

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller