Latest post Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:20 PM by doc.phibes. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 22 2011 3:55 PM

MC 5 Windows 7 64bit and Power scheme warning

Ok so whats the solution to removing the power scheme warning at launch?

I've solved it on 2 machines but have a 3rd machien that defies fixing.

I've created a power plan called Always On and set that to max performance.

The console command powerman doesn't seem to do anything.

So how best to not get that nag every launch?

Thanks

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Tue, Feb 22 2011 4:11 PM In reply to

• scocklin
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Maryland
    • Posts 673
    • Points 8,020

Re: MC 5 Windows 7 64bit and Power scheme warning

Just did a clean install to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista64 so I'm resetting some of my settings, what worked for me in removing those pesky messages although not nearly so bad as Vista64 was.  Go to search programs and files, type in Power Options select  High Performance go into change plan settings and select Never, Never for display and Sleep. Hope this helps!

HP Z800 2x 3.46GHz Hex Core X5690, 96GB Ram, Windows 10, Samsung SSD 1TB, Nvidia Quadro K4000, GTX 1080 FTW, DeckLink SDI 4K, Avid MC-2018.12.7 , MacBook... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:47 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,420
    • Points 97,425

Pat, I had a similar problem some years back.  It turned out to be caused by a wrong BIOS setting.  Try checking whether you have power management active in the BIOS.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 23 2011 12:03 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 948
    • Points 12,125

Pat,

make sure the power management does not switch off disks or other equipment (as said by scocklin) select never in the various categories. Also make sure that no screen saver is active.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 12:56 PM In reply to

Joachim Claus:

Pat,

make sure the power management does not switch off disks or other equipment (as said by scocklin) select never in the various categories. Also make sure that no screen saver is active.

Joachim

Yes I tried that. Initially it comes set to balanced. I changed it to high perfomrance and then modified it to have everything never sleep and nothing less than 100%

That didn't work it still moans on Avid launch. So I then made a new plan called always on and set that to be 100% and never sleep and active and Avid still moans.

Checked BIOS and power management is on.

What's strange is it moans about Home/office power management profile and there isn't even one!

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Wed, Feb 23 2011 2:20 PM In reply to

• doc.phibes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 3 2006
    • Germany
    • Posts 57
    • Points 685

I've excperienced such a problem on some XP machines before... the easiest way for me to fix it was to copy the powerconfig-settings from a "good" system to the one that moaned. you said you have 2 systems that behave fine? so you can try this:

-Go to one of your "healthy" systems and launch the Registry Editor (Start Menu->Run->type
    in "regedit")

-go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER directory

-Go into the Control Panel directory and find PowerCfg

-Right click on PowerCfg and select export

-You should see a radio button selection on the bottom of the window for Export
    Range.  Make sure that Selected branch is active

-Export the reg file and bring it to the other system

-On the other system, simply open Regedit and select import from the file menu.

-Navigate to your healthy PowerCfg registry file, and hit OK

The error should go away once you have done that.  You may or may not need to reboot the system for the fix to work.
    I've done this successfully various times on XP32bit systems, never tested it on Win7 but it's probably worth a try!

best of luck!

HP z400, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro4000, Win7x64, MC5.5 Nitris DX / Supermicro X8DAE, Dual 6-core XEON 3,33GHz, 24GB RAM, Nvidia GTX285, Win7x64, Symphony... [view my complete system specs]

“Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.”  (Douglas Adams)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller