Latest post Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:42 PM by TCurren. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 25 2011 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: Symphony 5.5 - too quiet in here

I'm not talking about fl;amethrower files I'm talking actual DNA firmware updates as applied to the MOJO or Adrenaline or even Nitris boxes.

I just installed 5.0.3.8 on an MC which was just on V5.0.3 MC and it updated one of the 3 firmware chips in my Mojo SDI. Hence my question.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Fri, Feb 25 2011 4:26 PM In reply to

• Mercer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 15 2010
    • UK
    • Posts 513
    • Points 6,555

Pat Horridge:

I'm not talking about fl;amethrower files I'm talking actual DNA firmware updates as applied to the MOJO or Adrenaline or even Nitris boxes.

I just installed 5.0.3.8 on an MC which was just on V5.0.3 MC and it updated one of the 3 firmware chips in my Mojo SDI. Hence my question.

I understand Pat what you're talking about and as I said the firmware has not changed as far as I know. The Mojo SDI had an issue IIRC where they was a need to back rev the firmware in some cases for compatability and again IIRC only on Mac. I have installed 5.0.3.8 (pc) but not run Adrenaline or Mojo yet so I'll let you know if there's any change.

The flamethrower drivers were a bit crucial once more because there was an incompatability bewteen Production suite needs and certain MC versions which was solved by updating the Production suite progams to equal MC and since then there has been no firmware changes either.

Edit: No, no changes here on PC.

MC with Symphony option, 2020.4, HP ZBook 17 G5, i7-8850H 6 core/64GB ram/512 M2 ssd/Nvidia Quadro P3200/FHD, HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, BMD Ultrastudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 28 2011 4:42 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 37,770

Job,

I am with you on the no changes to Symphony front. That seems to be how it appears on their website. However, there better not be a charge for "Upgrading" to 5.5 for Symphony if we get no new features. I would be willing to pay the Avid Studio upgrade differential to get the boxed set which is an additional $246.00 on the MC. So it should be made available to us for $246.

If you need Phrase Find (Which is extremely cool if you need it), you will be paying the $495.00 either way since that is an outside license. 

Now.... what will Avid do....

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller