Latest post Wed, Nov 17 2010 2:35 PM by adamsonn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:34 AM

• rinatlz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 27 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

AVID disturbing error about video card

everything was fine untill yesterday. today, i opened the AVID MEDIA COMPOSER and got the next error:

YOUR VIDEO CARD EITHER DOES NOT SUPPORT PLAYBACK OR IT NEEDS MORE MEMORY 
    TRY LOWERING THE SCREEN SIZE OR BIT DEPTH
    FOR NOW PLAYBACK WILL ONLY DISPLAY THE FIRST FRAMS ON THE DESKTOP

my video card is: QUADRO FX 580 and as i said it worked fine untill yesterday. so what could have been changed???

thanks in advanced,

Rinat

Filed under:
  • Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: AVID disturbing error about video card

Hi Rinat,

rinatlz:
    so what could have been changed???

You tell us.  Are automatic updates turned on on this machine?  Could Windows have downloaded an update to your video card drivers?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Nov 17 2010 12:39 PM In reply to

• rinatlz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 27 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

I have no idea. how can i check that and what exactly was installed

the only thing I did is installing a web camera, but i uninstalled it and still-nothing...

• Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Hi,

rinatlz:
    how can i check that and what exactly was installed

First thing to do is tell us what your system specifications are.  What version of Media Composer?  What operating system?  What version of Quicktime?  Look at the bottom of my post for an example.

Once you've done that we can go through how you find out what automatic updates have been done recently (if any).

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Nov 17 2010 2:35 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

This may be related to the usie of Boris BCC 3D text effects in the project you are opening  - I seem to recall getting a similar message when using the Boris 3D effects - but it did not seem to impact on the actual working of the system.

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller