Latest post Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:48 PM by Tim Scarpino. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 4 2010 7:46 PM

Crashing in 5.0.3

HI there, I am using the new Avid 5.03 software, Nitris box on a PC Z400-NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3800

And I noticed several buggy things have occured while ouputting master tapes as well as trying to opening old projects that were created in Avid 3.1.3. What's happening is when I open an old sequence it promotes the sequence and then freezes the whole computer. Any ideas to what is going on would be greatly appreciated. I am at the point where I may roll back the softare, I have tight deadlines and can't afford to troubleshoot all day.

The other issue I have been seeing is when I output from a SD 23.98 project to Digibetacam, the output abruptly stops right in the middle without giving me an error message. I tried this over and over and it keeps occuring....

I have also installed the latest patch!

Very frustrated here....

Thanks

Irene

• Thu, Nov 4 2010 11:09 PM In reply to

• Random Post
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto, canada
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,025

Re: CRASHING IN 5.0.3

Not sure what to offer for your crashes, but try to not have any bin in "script" mode... work in text.  But that's a very long shot.

As far as outputting a 23.98 frame rate onto DigiBeta... try converting to a 29.97 format, then output to DBeta. The DBeta decks are only a 30fr machines.

HTH

Michel

MC 8.8.6 on a Z820 Win7/64 48Gb RAM, Black Magic design Decklink Studio 4k... C drive is a Crucial SSD, Internal 6Tb esata (striped 2x3Tb), HP Thunderbolt2... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 5 2010 5:31 PM In reply to

Thanks, I am never is script mode.

So I opened the console and it states, playback stopped due to skipped frames.

I am now going from SD 23.98 through Teranex to 1080i 59.94.

Everything is rendered on my timeline, there is no reason at all fo this playback to stop!

This is not good, if I can't even do simple outputs. The past 2 days I have tried many different outputs and it is doing the same thing everytime!

• Fri, Nov 5 2010 6:38 PM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 23 2010
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

What operating system are you on and what version of Quicktime and which video driver are you using?

Intel i7-980x Hexacore water cooled by Corsair H-50 on EVGA Classified 762 with 12Gigs RAM and Quadro FX3800 Video Card. Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium Sound... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:48 PM In reply to

Re: Crashing in 5.0.3

We just upgraded to 5.0.3 from 3.6.something and also added a HP Z800 workstation with an Adrenaline BOB (nitrus box is on order).

I thought 5.0.3 was fairly "buggy", but working with Avid Support, we changed the Nvidia driver to one that said "legacy" on it.  I was having trouble capturing Digibeta material and also, there would be a 2-3 delay between when I hit the space bar and the video would start to play.

Apparently, there's a different Firewire card for my particular setup that was not specified when we put the box together.

Anyway, changing the driver has cleared up a number of issues for me.  Perhaps it's worth a look?

Good luck!

Tim

Avid MCA V6.0.3.1 on HP z800 w/Avid Nitris DX Windows 7 - 64bit 12 gig RAM QT v7.6 Graphics Card Nvidia Quadro FX3800 Processor: Dual Quads Avid... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller