Latest post Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:56 PM by George Angeludis. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 26 2010 12:31 PM

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Record to tape (other options)

Hello

I have an ongoing problem in MC where I am unable to record anything back to tape. Logging / capturing / digitising etc all works fine but when I try to get the content back to tape, I get the dreaded flamethrower problems. (I have a post about this somewhere in the forum). Apparently I am using the wrong firewire vendor, which is unfortunate because I have no open slots to add in a third party firewire card.

Anyway it is not all that common for me to have to cut back to tape, but I was wondering if there is a software based solution available that will do this from an exported file. (I.e encode to an Avid 1:1  QT file) load this up in another application and capture to tape from there?

I tried to use Liquid for this, but the problem is that Avid wont export large AVI files and Liquid really does not like to import QT files - it gets all grumpy and does peculiar things - the intermediate step oe encoding the output MC file into a very large bit rate  MPEG  file and importing that into Liquid has worked for me in the past but am looking for something more elegant?

Anyone know if such a third party application exists?

Regards

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:56 PM In reply to

Re: Record to tape (other options)

To be able to send back at camera you need a 411 or 420 timeline.

At which camera are you trying to send to?

Flame thrower could mean that the camera has no DV in.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(442.92)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x1TB Crucial MX500@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2020.6 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller