Latest post Tue, Jun 20 2017 10:24 AM by LeonL. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:15 PM

• travitztn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2008
    • Posts 26
    • Points 340

Exception: Pglue impolite port number

MC 5

Standard Def project.  Trying to make a same as source quicktime to archive the project.

Seems like it is going to make a complete movie, but when it gets to the end I get the exception: plglue impolite port number message.

I have tried the obvious restart composer and restart the computer.  I have never run into this before.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tim

• Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:26 PM In reply to

• travitztn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 340

Re: Exception: Pglue impolite port number

More info.

Tried making other not same as source quicktime formats. Avid 1to1, Animation.

Received new error code.

Exception:  Movie Export from procedures failed!  errcode -2034.

• Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:38 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Hello

Are you still geting this error with the latest patch?

I know this may not resolve the problem but can you see what happens if you try the export without the audio mixdown option selected (if this is also happening during a QT reference file export).

I am also getting this error and I think it is related to audio.

Thanks

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:45 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 695
    • Points 10,330

Hello again

This is an audio track related issue 

I isolated my problem clips / files by removing the audio tracks systematically from my timeline (make duplicates of your sequence before doing this) until I isolated the problem to track A3. i.e. with the entire track A3 deleted this error did not occur.

In this instance A3 was a stereo track with my voice over artist on it. (It was recorded on Adobe Audition and saved as an uncompressed wav file and imported into MC5).

Now that I knew A3 was the error message culprit, I started deleting sound clips from the A3 track and exporting until I again isolated the problem to 2 sound files - but lots of timeline clips.

I tried to re-import those (clip batch import) to see if the problem would be resolved by refreshing the media files in Avid from the original files.

Sadly -This did not work, I was getting a bit nervous that I would have to re-edit my VO clips into the timeline. I did not want to do this.

Interestingly though I could make a QT reference file of the 2 bad master files if I placed just the audio on the timeline and selected Audio mixdown in the QT reference track options.

This indicated that the files were not bad, but that the way that they were being used in the master sequence was somehow the problem.

I then tried to do an audio mixdown of the track but it seemed to be shorter than it should be.(to be honest I did not spend too much time on this option).

So I decided to try and create an AIFF file of the A3 track in isolation - so I deleted all my other tracks Video and Audio and left only the bad track A3.

I then out of interest made a QT reference file of just the audio of the bad track A3.(probably could have should have done an audio export but anyway).

As this  export worked, I imported the AIFF audio file of bad track A3 and I have substituted my original voice over clips with the AIFF file and now I can do an export to a QT reference file.

My recommendation would be to try isolating the bad tracks, clips and files to see which one of these is giving you your error and then to try and get them replaced in your sequence with not so bad clips / files.

Hope this helps.

Neil

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:54 AM In reply to

• travitztn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 26
    • Points 340

Turns out it was audio related.  An old foe snuck up on me.  Project was 6 years old and done at 44khz.  We were updating the show and the audio was set to 48khz.  Once I switched the project to 44k it made a same as source movie no problem.  Thanks to all for the help.

• Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:17 AM In reply to

• r.kreuz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 24 2009
    • Munich - Germany
    • Posts 192
    • Points 2,435

Have this error message too, during playback my timeline. It comes up randomly. And find no reason why this happen. I use a bunch of tracks, also with RTAS Plugins. All audiotracks are at 48KHZ. After the message pops up, I press play again, and then all works.

Robert 

• Thu, Oct 7 2010 8:03 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Pglue errors in the past signal corruption.  You seem to have isolated the problem to one track of audio.
    start playing in to out on that track to narrow down the corrupt clip.  Suggest first half then back half.  Once you've determined which half of the track the corruption occurs then continue playing in to out to continue to narrow down to problem area and replace if you can 

• Fri, Oct 8 2010 8:32 AM In reply to

• jok71
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 29 2007
    • Posts 39
    • Points 505

r.kreuz:

Have this error message too, during playback my timeline. It comes up randomly. And find no reason why this happen. I use a bunch of tracks, also with RTAS Plugins. All audiotracks are at 48KHZ. After the message pops up, I press play again, and then all works.

I am getting the same error, also at seemingly random intervals. After pressing play again, all is fine. Makes me nervous about doing screenings straight out of the Avid, so instead I waste a lot of time exporting quicktimes...

MC 2019.12 - Windows 10 Professional - HP Z4 - Quadro P2000 - 32GB RAM - Intensity Pro 4K [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:12 PM In reply to

• Ari Zlatin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 13 2008
    • Lincoln, CA
    • Posts 48
    • Points 575

I have the same error in MC 6.03 what is it?

ASUS PRIME Z390 MB, 32 GB DDR5, SSD DRIVE, EVGA GTX 1080, WINDOWS 10-64 bit Professional, 2k MONITOR [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:45 PM In reply to

Avid 6.0.1

Im using stereo tracks.same error :( but mono tracks no error???

• Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:06 AM In reply to

• fsm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 24 2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 170
    • Points 2,075

i have the same error in sym 6.0.3.2.

audio files converted on import from 44kHz to 48kHz project rate and multichannel to stereo. i often use this for music or soundfx. i couldnt playback my sequence. playback stopped about every 2-4 minutes because of the pglue error. then i set sequence to SPLIT ALL TRACKS TO MONO and now it works. the error seems to be gone. hope this helps.

MC 2018.12.11 & SYM / BM Monitor4K / Windows 10 prof. 64 bit / i7 3930k / Quadro M4000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:19 AM In reply to

Very useful information. Thank you.

I am occasionally plagued by "impolite ports", and will try your remedy.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 20 2017 10:24 AM In reply to

• LeonL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 26 2016
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

I am using MC 8 Got the same problem when exporting same as source. I disabled the waveform on the audio track and export worked fine.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller