Latest post Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:22 AM by Pat Horridge. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 17 2010 7:25 PM

Real-Time AudioSuite (RTAS) Plug-Ins and Stereo Audio - Avid Media Composer 5 Overview

There are a number of great new features in Media Composer 5 in terms of how you work with audio. We'll start by looking at the new Stereo Audio feature. Now when you add an audio track to Media Composer you have the option of adding a mono track or stereo track.

We no longer have a speaker icon in each track to allow you to mute and unmute a track. Now you can actually solo or mute each individual track.

Another new audio feature is the addition of Real-Time AudioSuite plug-ins. On each audio track you can place up to five different inserts consisting of various AudioSuite plug-ins broken down into categories such as Dynamics, EQ, Reverb, etc. With real-time AudioSuite plug-ins you can analyze and adjust these effects during playback.

Watch all these features in action in this short video.

Learn more  |  Free Trial  |  Upgrade Now

• Thu, Jun 17 2010 8:13 PM In reply to

Re: Real-Time AudioSuite (RTAS) Plug-Ins and Stereo Audio - Avid Media Composer 5 Overview

Note that these RTAS effects do not come across to Pro Tools, at least in my quick test.

Same goes for stereo tracks, these appear as a single mono track in PT (so you lose one track).

Also, you cannot move two mono elements (for example stereo music, from a sequence you cut in MC4 or earlier) and drag it into a stereo track (like you can with Pro Tools), nor vice versa. There is however a command that will split stereo tracks into mono's.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 14 2011 11:00 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,200

Re: Real-Time AudioSuite (RTAS) Plug-Ins and Stereo Audio - Avid Media Composer 5 Overview

Is it possible to keyframe RTAS plugins?

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 15 2011 6:13 AM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    Note that these RTAS effects do not come across to Pro Tools, at least in my quick test.
    Actually, they do now (5.5 and PT 9.0.2)! Chris, no keyframes on RTAS, AFAIK.
    Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:58 AM In reply to

• RCecilBon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 10
    • Points 170

I want to apply a RTAS Plug-In on A1 for just a small section of the sequence, not across the entire A1 track for the entire sequence.  Is there away to apply RTAS Plug-Ins on one track in only one section of the track, instead of the whole track being effected across the entire sequence?

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 7:20 AM In reply to

Sorry, not AFAIK. RTAS works on entire tracks. You can use AS on segments.

• Thu, Jan 12 2012 8:22 AM In reply to

Lift those section to a fresh new track. Set the panning the same and then apply the RTAS to that track.

RTAS for track effects Audio Suite for segment based effects.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller