Latest post Fri, Mar 4 2011 6:20 AM by AndrewAction. 36 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 21 2010 2:41 AM In reply to

Re: MC5 freezes on initializing audio plugins

I've completed the instructions to prevent the hanging on "Initializing Audio Plugins" during startup by choosing the avid exe as an exception and not to turn off DEP completely.  After doing so I rebooted but it STILL did not work.  Are there any other suggestions?

• Wed, Aug 18 2010 11:14 PM In reply to

• swhiteindiana
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Greenville, SC
    • Posts 51
    • Points 615

I'm having this problem too on Windows 7.  Tried turning off DEP as suggested, but it's not working.  We are using Pro Tools DV Toolkit with our Avid v5.03.  Could there be some plugins that Avid is not loving?  Could co-installing be stalled? 

Media Composer v2018.8 using: HP Z400 Workstation Intel Xeon w3550,3.07GHz; 16GB RAM Windows 10 NVidia Quadro 2000; Driver:392.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 19 2010 9:42 PM In reply to

• swhiteindiana
    • Not Ranked
    • Greenville, SC
    • Posts 51
    • Points 615

swhiteindiana:
    I'm having this problem too on Windows 7.  Tried turning off DEP as suggested, but it's not working.  We are using Pro Tools DV Toolkit with our Avid v5.03.  Could there be some plugins that Avid is not loving?  Could co-installing be stalled? 

So, we started removing plugins.  It seems that the Vocalign plugin supplied with DV toolkit 2 is the culprit.  If I leave Vocalign in, it will hang on "initializing audio plugins".  If I try to remove the Vocalign plugin the message says it cannot remove the plug because the program "DSM_server.exe" was running.  So if I stop the DSM_server program with Vocalign removed and then start Avid it will not hang on "initializing audio plugins".  However, now Avid doesn't shut down correctly.  It crashes on exit. Co-install is a problem if you're using DV Toolkit...

Media Composer v2018.8 using: HP Z400 Workstation Intel Xeon w3550,3.07GHz; 16GB RAM Windows 10 NVidia Quadro 2000; Driver:392.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 18 2010 7:24 AM In reply to

• JesseBarn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hey guys.

This seems to be a plugin issue. I had my system totally running fine, then installed a bunch of plugins and started having this problem of Media Composer freezing on 'initializing audio plugins'. So i started uninstalling plugins and it turned out to be the fairchild bundle that was causing the trouble. I suggest to try starting avid after each new plugin install and make sure it works ok before installing the next plugin. Much better than installing all your plugins then having to troubleshoot to find out which one is causing the grief.

• Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:21 PM In reply to

• ilkka
    • Not Ranked
    • nyc
    • Posts 133
    • Points 1,550

picking up a thread that's a bit dusty, but this might save someone a few hours:

just fixed this on win7/64 mc5.03. it reminded me of a previous error from around 3.5, where i couldn't get a fresh install to start on a laptop. finally on a wild goose hunt i tried once more with bluetooth disabled (thus also bt-audio out of the picture). & it worked.

this time disabling bt only did it once, but this pointed towards the audio - & voila - it seems that reinstalling avid audio - e.g. the digidesign drivers sorted this out.

there's something where avid doesn't like multiple audio devices on the system, at least on the 1st start when it's establishing rules-of-play for that particular box.

(& of course before trying this i had already tried to reinstall qt / mc5 in order to get it to run, to no avail...)

• Fri, Mar 4 2011 6:04 AM In reply to

• ShoNuff!!
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

After many months of not being able to use my MC 5.0 software, I recently bought a Digidesign 003 Rack + Factory bundle with Pro Tools 8.0.3 software and I installed it on my computer and I guess that the deinstallation and the installation of the new audio drivers fixed the problem that I was having. Now all I have to do is buy a license to use the Focusrite d2/d3 software plugin so that I won't have to click 'Quit' on it any more. 

• Fri, Mar 4 2011 6:20 AM In reply to

ShoNuff!!:
    Now all I have to do is buy a license to use the Focusrite d2/d3 software plugin so that I won't have to click 'Quit' on it any more.
    You should be able to just move those two plugins out of the Audio Suite plugins folder and that problem will go away.

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller