Latest post Sat, May 15 2010 1:53 AM by cnewcreations. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:27 AM

• charlieE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 22 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

R3D stereoscopic fails - but why !?

Can anyone shed light on this,

I have a feeling its because the L/R files start with differrent timecode, cameras roll a frame out of sync, perhaps ?

Any other thoughts on why stereo fails, the R3D's transcode perfectly in a mono session...

the software should give a reason why it fails, not just a message that it has ...

ARRRRHHHHH Super Angry

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:56 PM In reply to

Re: R3D stereoscopic fails - but why !?

I think I made a stereo pair once using clips with different timecodes. I can't remember exactly but I think it somehow worked. Do you have a L and R with matching TC to test it out?

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

Filed under:
  • Sat, May 1 2010 11:31 PM In reply to

• MichaelP
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 2,444
    • Points 30,585
    • ! Avid Employee
      Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Film and 24p

MetaFuze is currently designed for CGI type stereo 3D as it expects Left and Right to be of equal length and that both "first frames" are the sync point. It does not look to timecode or allow for slipping of timecode with a common span at this time. These are all known issues and have been registered in the backlog.

Michael

24p.com

• Sat, May 15 2010 1:53 AM In reply to

Hello Charlie-

We have a workaround for this.  Get your files imported into Media Composer and then proceed to create same duration sequences.  Put the 2 files into the same timeline and make sure they are in sync and the same duraiton (lift out unwanted video).  Make sub sequences of each of the files and cll them what you want Clip1001 (for left) and Clip2001 (for right) etc..

Export them with same as source in the export options and then take the newley created QT's into MetaFuze and give it a go.

I think you will have better sucess with that.  Timecode isn't of the essence with Stereo3d in MetaFuze.  Durations of files is the kicker.

Good Luck!

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller