Latest post Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:34 PM by sqpnts. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:52 PM

Adding Locator info

Hello-  Is there a program or technique that will permit adding extensive locator info onto masterclips? Ideally, I want to  screen uninterrupted playback of captured masterclips (imported media or tape) and type my notes quietly, on-the-fly. Then afterwards, somehow have my text info transferred as Locators onto my imasterclips, (or copies of masterclips). I see from the help page that there is some kind of Locator import function for Sequences, but I prefer to add the info to masterclips as I will be editing from them. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

tele

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:42 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Re: Adding Locator info

You just add a locater on the clip. In the Pop up window You can write any thing You wish. You can also add locators on the fly while the clip is playing. Later you can double click any locater and the window pops up.

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:47 PM In reply to

This is not what I need, but thanks for your input.

I want to know if there's a way to take pre-written text and have it appear as Locators+Comments. I beleive it is possible to do this on the Sequence side only, using Excel, etc. to prepare a Tab-delimited txt file.

Try doing a test on your system by exporting a txt file from the Sequence's Locator window and re-importing right back after changing the Comment. It is not working for me, but I'm on a 3.0.5 system and we're looking into it.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch AJA i/o Express with Express Card Slot Ignite... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 29 2016 7:34 PM In reply to

• sqpnts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • New York
    • Posts 15
    • Points 215

I know that you can add locators on the fly... did  you ever find a way to be able to type notes on-the-fly as well?

thanks

iMac .5 GHz Quad-core Intel Core,1 TB Fusion Drive, 32GB Ram,AMD Radeon R9 M295x 4GB GDDR5 graphics card MC8.4.2, Symphony Option [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller