Latest post Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:09 AM by Ra-ey Saleh. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 13 2009 2:12 AM

Wacom Intuos4 drivers conflict with Avid... still

I'm pretty sure I have read all the posts related to this issue... and just wanted to be sure there hasn't been a solution.

Both drivers (6.1.1-3 and 6.1.0-6) for the Intuos4 continue to cause the play function to "stick" intermittently in MC 3.5.1. (XP). Does anyone know if Avid has addressed this yet? Wacom seems dodgy on answers.  By any chance has anyone found the solution other than clicking the windows button and right click - left click - etc. on the task bar? Thanks!

HP XW-8600 Quadcore 3GHz 5450 Xeon(Harpertown) 4 GB RAM Nvidia Quatro FX 1700 Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) Media Composer 4.0.2 [view my complete system specs]

Trevor Hyslop day18.com

• Sat, Jun 13 2009 1:46 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,777
    • Points 62,185

Re: Wacom Intuos4 drivers conflict with Avid... still

Also a problem on Vista 64, MC 3.5.1

MC 2020.8 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7.3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (2004) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sat, Jun 13 2009 8:24 PM In reply to

• jthom71
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 11 2007
    • Ypsilanti, MI
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,100

it seems to me that Avid is not the problem its the wacom driver.  Wacom is a 3rd party peripheral device. Wacom should be solving this issue with avids help.  wacom maybe be dodging but ultimately the problem is with wacom not avid.  Maybe using a older driver may help.  I had the same problem when I tried to upgrade drivers.  If a older driver is working fine than keep it. Theres no sense changing something thats not broken.

MC 5.0.3.7r HP xw8200 3.4 Ghz Win XP SP3 MOJO 8Gigs mem, FX 3450 video card, 250 Gigs system drive, 2Tb G-tech GRaid3 drive [view my complete system specs]

Joel Thomason Avid Editor
    D&L Media

• Sun, Jun 14 2009 4:40 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,777
    • Points 62,185

Actually, in this instance we can't revert to an older driver - and that's really the point of this separate thread and why it's entitled 'Intuos4' - new device only supported by latest Wacom drivers.

Perhaps it's a Wacom issue (no doubt) but it's Avid who should be spear-heading the solution on our behalf by engaging Wacom IMHO.

We'll see.

MC 2020.8 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7.3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (2004) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sun, Jun 14 2009 3:37 PM In reply to

• ayakaonly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 13 2009
    • Posts 26
    • Points 320

Trevor Hyslop:

I'm pretty sure I have read all the posts related to this issue... and just wanted to be sure there hasn't been a solution.

Both drivers (6.1.1-3 and 6.1.0-6) for the Intuos4 continue to cause the play function to "stick" intermittently in MC 3.5.1. (XP). Does anyone know if Avid has addressed this yet? Wacom seems dodgy on answers.  By any chance has anyone found the solution other than clicking the windows button and right click - left click - etc. on the task bar? Thanks!

it is the reason why I am not buying the Intuos4 ... some of my friends also got issues with the Wacom

Driver... :(

• Mon, Jun 15 2009 6:37 AM In reply to

• jthom71
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 11 2007
    • Ypsilanti, MI
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,100

Perhaps it's a Wacom issue (no doubt) but it's Avid who should be spear-heading the solution on our behalf by engaging Wacom IMHO

Hate to disagree but wacom has alot of different tablets and this is not a avid device.  Avid has more than enough on there plate with competition from FCP.  If a older driver works with avid than wacoms the problem. Avid as a company should not have to redo there code for every 3rd party device thats wants to update their driver.  Maybe a different tablet is a better choice.  Im actually surprised that avid does not sale their own high priced version of a tablet.

MC 5.0.3.7r HP xw8200 3.4 Ghz Win XP SP3 MOJO 8Gigs mem, FX 3450 video card, 250 Gigs system drive, 2Tb G-tech GRaid3 drive [view my complete system specs]

Joel Thomason Avid Editor
    D&L Media

• Mon, Jun 15 2009 11:39 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,777
    • Points 62,185

I'm not sure how your response disagrees with mine. It's orthogonal - I agree with you - Avid should not have to re-write their code, but a call from their product developers to Wacom might be in order (that's what I mean by spear-heading the solution by engaging Wacom). Avid as a company would have more success (perhaps) than any individual. They could position this as having to remove the Intuos4 from their compatible tablets list unless Wacom solves this problem. That's anti-marketing and Wacom may decide that it's worth investigating.

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Mon, Jun 15 2009 6:35 PM In reply to

Yes. A little diaologue between Avid and Wacom would be nice. Has anyone expereinced this issue on OS 10.5? I searched the mac forums and can't find any answers. The Intuos 4 works great using FCP. I'm just wondering if anyone can get it to work on Avid running on a mac.  It may be some weird Windows thing.

HP XW-8600 Quadcore 3GHz 5450 Xeon(Harpertown) 4 GB RAM Nvidia Quatro FX 1700 Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) Media Composer 4.0.2 [view my complete system specs]

Trevor Hyslop day18.com

• Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:59 PM In reply to

• Haze
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 764
    • Points 10,205

We currently use Intuos 2 tablets in our edit suites - after checking out Wacom's new tablets at NAB I want to upgrade our of tablets to the Intuos 4.  This thread isn't encouraging.  I've contacted Wacom about the issue, but I can't assist with troubleshooting because I don't own a Intuos 4.  Wacom support has suggested opening the device manager and disabling the Wacom Virtual device(s).  Perhaps someone can give this a go to see if it helps.

Avid DS 11 | Z800, Symphony 6.5 | HP xw 8600, MC 6.5 | HP Z400, Unity Storage [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 24 2009 9:56 PM In reply to

Wacom has responded! I have been in contact with a technical rep at Wacom who is currently working to help resolve this issue.  Hopefully - with the help of Avid - this will be resolved soon.  If there are any Intuos4 users who are having this issue, please help in this if you can.  Wacom is being very helpful and needs feeback from Avid users.

So far I have tried all of thier suggestions:

Diabling Wacom HID devices in the device manager

Disabling dual monitor display to single montior display

Sliding the quality/performance bar in the Nvidia Control Panel to performance.

The problem still persists.

Trevor Hyslop day18.com

• Thu, Aug 13 2009 12:06 PM In reply to

Any news here? I would really like to get my Intuos4 in production. Intuos3 with older drivers works fine, but after installing newest driver version for I4, I3 behaves exactly the same way.

Regards

Per Chr.

Lanshare EX MediaManager MCA's NC XPro ACI [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 13 2009 1:42 PM In reply to

• editzz01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 23 2005
    • Montreal
    • Posts 770
    • Points 9,225

I have had issues with the Wacom Intuos 3 on Vista 64.... I also had the playback issues with the drivers listed earlier in the thread.

I have found a workaround that seems to work. I use driver 6.08.04. The tablet works on the desktop, but as soon as I launch a 32bit program, such as MC, I have issues where the tablet seems to forget its mapping. To resolve this, I open the Wacom Tablet Preference File utility (I have mapped it as a quick launch onto my quick launch bar), then I select to remove all preferences and voila, it works... It is a little annoying to have do this each time I launch an app, but it is way better than using a mouse. This works in After Effects and Avid (I have the same issues in After Effects as Avid).

hope this helps

Mark

Work system Symphony Nitris classic 3.5.1 Vista business 64 12GB ram 10 TB Avid media drive Home system Media Coposer 3.5.1 Dual 3.2 Xeon 2.0MB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:51 PM In reply to

No progress or update from Wacom yet.  I think the only thing we can do is continue to contact Wacom directly and remind them of the issue. The more they hear from the people the more willing they may be to fix this.

Trevor Hyslop day18.com

• Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:22 AM In reply to

Just  wanted to add that it seems to be working fine on 3.5 on Mac.

PC

Lanshare EX MediaManager MCA's NC XPro ACI [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 4 2009 5:57 AM In reply to

Hi,

I just found out that if you mark an in or out or both in a clip or sequence, then the problem with the infinte-play is bypassed.

greetz

sebastian

Avid Symphony 6.5.2.1 - Nitris DX -Win7 Professional SP1 -HP xw8600 16GB RAM - G-Tech Raid eSata [view my complete system specs]

°° There's plenty of room down there °°

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller