Latest post Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:29 AM by messinaj. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 2 2009 11:37 PM

• messinaj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 27 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

AVCHD to P2 transcoding problems.

I was wondering if anyone else has used MainConcept's AVChD to P2 conversion software and ran into an issue that produced green video. I have AVCHD codecs on my machine as other applications can read the format. The transcoding software, though, seems to have some issues. 

• Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:24 AM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,095

Re: AVCHD to P2 transcoding problems.

The best software I've found on the PC to do this transcode is TMPEnc 4.x Express. It allows a great deal of flexibility, including the ability to render out pulldown frames from 24 fps material. It's relatively fast, and you can choose to transcode to many different codecs. While I don't have specific experience with MainConcept'ss conversion software, I can tell you that I tried many conversion packages before settling on TMPGenc for stability, features, quality, and speed.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:29 AM In reply to

• messinaj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 27 2009
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Re: AVCHD to P2 transcoding problems.

I'll give it a shot. Aside from the software from MainConcepts, I've tried VideoPierHD but unfortunately it doesn't seem to fully convert some of my media. It will just stop short on some clips.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller