Latest post Sat, Mar 21 2009 1:45 PM by Chief Technician. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 5:05 PM

• Kirk Arnold
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 23 2009
    • Burlington, MA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 720
    • Avid Employee
      BlogAuthor

Why go to NAB? - A response from Kirk

I wanted to take a quick minute to say thank-you for all of your comments and questions to date - keep them coming!  I’ve taken a look at all of the questions posted to the forum and instead of waiting until our scheduled Q&A in early May, I want to take this opportunity to answer a couple of questions that are particularly time sensitive.

Last year we made a commitment to listen more to our customers – and we have.  One clear message we have heard is that NAB, and other media trade shows globally, represent an opportunity to engage customers and prospects in important dialogue about what you need and what Avid is up to.  So we are ramping up our efforts to ensure that we take advantage of this important event.  The NAB team here at Avid is doing everything we can to ensure that your NAB experience this year is both fresh and filled with energy.

As many of you know, we have begun a significant transformation at Avid to unify our company and our product lines to create a more customer-focused organization.   We have already made some positive changes and you’ll have a chance to see some of that progress in action both on and off the show floor, including a showcase of some of your colleagues work.  We have made good strides in addressing your concerns about openness and interoperability and have some great new initiatives we will share with you.  We also want to demonstrate the advancements in HD Newsroom Solutions and updates to our editing products.

For me personally, my favorite part of NAB is the time I get to spend talking with all of you – whether it’s to hear directly from you about your challenges and needs and what we can do to help or spending some time hearing about the latest projects you are working on.  So this year we have made sure there will be plenty of opportunities for discussions.  I hope I will get a chance to see you there and hope you will keep your eyes open for details on the Avid Customer Event.

At NAB, watch for an exciting announcement about an important step in our transformation and reemergence as an industry leader.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Filed under:
  • Wed, Mar 18 2009 6:47 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,200

Re: Why go to NAB? - A response from Kirk

Kirk Arnold:

At NAB, watch for an exciting announcement about an important step in our transformation and reemergence as an industry leader.

Can't wait to hear it, Kirk. Seems to me you need to generate some 'cool' factor, or you're gonna keep losing the kids. Right now, who cares, but they do represent the future storytellers and they just don't get Avid right now.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 21 2009 1:45 PM In reply to

Re: Why go to NAB? - A response from Kirk

Kirk Arnold:

For me personally, my favorite part of NAB is the time I get to spend talking with all of you – whether it’s to hear directly from you about your challenges and needs and what we can do to help or spending some time hearing about the latest projects you are working on.  So this year we have made sure there will be plenty of opportunities for discussions.  I hope I will get a chance to see you there and hope you will keep your eyes open for details on the Avid Customer Event.

Hello Kirk,

With Avid's Q1 conference call with investors scheduled for April 23rd at 4:30, how are the top management from Avid going to be at NAB for the entire event?  Are they ducking out after Wednesday?  Are they having this conference call from Las Vegas?  In essence, are the end users (people like me) going to have to track top Avid people down Monday-Wednesday if we want any hope of speaking with you?

Thanks for reading.

8-core Nehalem Mac Pro with Pro Tools|HDX v10.3.8 and DeckLink HD Extreme 8-core Nehalem Mac Pro with Symphony Nitris DX v7.0.3 12-core Westmere Mac... [view my complete system specs]

Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNT

Apple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5), Support Professional (v10.6 through v10.8)

Chairman, NY section, Audio Engineering Society

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller