Latest post Fri, Jan 6 2006 10:25 PM by Glenn Sakatch. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 6:56 PM

• Dignan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 37
    • Points 415

Audio signal present, but not captured

Anyone ever got this message before when capturing through mojo?

"Audio signal present, but not captured"

Found some stuff in the old forum, but no solutions.

My setup:

Dell 670 2GB RAM, Avid approved specs
    Avid Xpress Pro Studio Complete 5.1.6

Capturing from Sony BetaSP PVW-2650 to G-Raid firewire Drive at DV25 via mojo's component video inputs - with audio through Digidesign 002 line inputs.

I get all the way to the end of the clip, and then about 70% of the time get this error, and have to try again.  I have no trouble capturing through firewire or mojo's unbalanced audio inputs.

Any help would be much appreciated.  I'm at wit's end.

Thanks-

dignan
    Avid Xpress Studio Complete Dell 670 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 6 2006 10:25 PM In reply to

Re: Audio signal present, but not captured

We used to get that problem quite a bit, usually when batch capturing.  We hoped upgrading to 5.2 would work, only to find we could no longer output to our beta machines.  (5.2.1 still hasn't fixed this problem)

One simple thing that seemed to work for us was to make sure we had the correct deck template loaded when digitizing.  Sounds stupid, but if the template jumps to the wrong machine, all sorts of problems seem to occur, even if its out by a model or two.  We also took the digi 002 board out of the system, that combined with a rollback to 5.1.3 has almost eliminated our bugs.

Current Avid-Z390 dual boot Win 10/Hackintosh Intel i9 64gig ram Radeon VII MC 8.10 - Win 10 64 Gig Ram Nvidia 1070 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller