Latest post Wed, Sep 24 2008 7:29 AM by Blofelds Cat. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:47 AM

• Blofelds Cat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Australia
    • Posts 31
    • Points 445

Resizing of timeline tracks

I'm probably missing something re: the resizing of timeline tracks. In Xpress Pro to resize timeline tracks, it was simply a case of hovering the mouse over thebottom of the track, waiting for the resize icon to appear and dragging up or down. With MC, resizing tracks involves some farting about with Menu items.

Is there an easier method to resize timeline tracks other than having to go into menu's? Have tried right-clicking at various positions in the track icons but no obvious options present themselves; nor do the timeline hambugger menu's provide a solution.

Proudly non-Avid qualified - Avid Media Composer 3 - HP Pavilion m7288a - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz - 4GB DDR Ram - Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT... [view my complete system specs]

www.ohmss-007.com

home of:

Far Up! Far Out! Far More! - James Bond, On Her Majesty's Secret Service

The Bondles - take a trip down Moneypenny Lane to a world in which The Beatles and James Bond collide with moderately humorous result.

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:50 AM In reply to

Re: Resizing of timeline tracks

In Media Composer, hold down CTRL while you're hovering, and the resize double arrow will appear. In Newscutter Adrenaline, you just hover. Frankly, I'd prefer the CTRL +, because I find myself too often accidentally resizing a track when all I want to do it click on it.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:51 AM In reply to

CTRL+L to increase CTRL+K to decrease (tracks have to be active - and watch out! if you want to resize A3, but the Source clip A1 is active it will also change)

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:52 AM In reply to

HIghlight the tracks you want to resize.

Ctrl + L makes them wider.

Ctrl + K makes them narrower.

Hope this helps.

Work - MC v2018.4 on Win7 HP Z440 with TerraBlock and Avid Nexis storage Personal - MC/Symphony v2018.4 on Lenovo W530 Mobile Workstation Storage depends... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 3:10 AM In reply to

• Blofelds Cat
    • Not Ranked
    • Australia
    • Posts 31
    • Points 445

Great stuff!

Thanks to all of you.

Proudly non-Avid qualified - Avid Media Composer 3 - HP Pavilion m7288a - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz - 4GB DDR Ram - Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT... [view my complete system specs]

www.ohmss-007.com

home of:

The Bondles - take a trip down Moneypenny Lane to a world in which The Beatles and James Bond collide with moderately humorous result.

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 4:05 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,565
    • Points 255,465
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Larry, Kenton and Steve beat me to it this time!!!!

However, late as I am, I will add this here anyway.
    It may be of help to someone....................

Hopefully there will be a question I can answer while the USA is a sleep!  Big Smile

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 7:29 AM In reply to

• Blofelds Cat
    • Not Ranked
    • Australia
    • Posts 31
    • Points 445

drbgaijin:

Larry, Kenton and Steve beat me to it this time!!!!

However, late as I am, I will add this here anyway.
    It may be of help to someone....................

Hopefully there will be a question I can answer while the USA is a sleep!  Big Smile

Great illustrative clip. Thanks for taking the time to create and publish.Yes

www.ohmss-007.com

home of:

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller