Latest post Thu, Jul 3 2008 12:17 PM by BarkinMadd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 3 2008 6:26 AM

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,771
    • Points 62,135

SonicFire Pro 4.5 Integration with MC 3.0?

Can anyone suggest the best workflow between MC 3.0 and SonicFire Pro 4.5? Is there a way to 'Send to...' - I see in the SonicFire Pro help mention of MetaSync Publisher - as a newbe I don't fully understand the reference (I don't even know what MetaSync Publisher is used for, but I intend to read the help for it once I get a good night's sleep :)

Thanks,

MC 2020.8 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7.3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (2004) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Jul 3 2008 6:46 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,323
    • Points 232,550
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: SonicFire Pro 4.5 Integration with MC 3.0?

Coincidence, Steve?
    I was just sitting here preparing a SonicFire clip for MC3.

You will not find the integration that you had between Liquid and Smartsound. (I don't remember how it was between Liquid and SonicFire - I have a feeling that the Smartsound plugin was integrated but not SonicFirePro.)

This may not be the best workflow, but I do the following:

Mark the in/out points on your MC audiotracks.
    Check the length of the segment you get. (Tools/timecode Window)

Open SonicFirePro
    Open "Maestro"
    Set your Maestro length to the correct length for your MC segment.
    Find the music you want
    Choose "Insert"
    Then from your SonicFirePro timeline choose File/Export soundtrack-video
    Save to a known location on your harddrives. (I found that having a "Media for Import" folder is very useful.

Go back to MC
    Import your SonicFirePro track to a bin of your choice.
    Double click on your track to open it in the source monitor.
    Mark an inpoint.
    Then click the Red Overwrite arrow and it should be inserted where you want it.

It takes only a few seconds to go through all of this when you have had a bit of practice.

Regards,

Douglas

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 3 2008 12:03 PM In reply to

• editzz01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 23 2005
    • Montreal
    • Posts 770
    • Points 9,225

Don't forget that you can also bring video into Sonicfire Pro to work with your music, so you can export a reference file or a QT to work with.

As douglas said, the integration is not the same as with Liquid and smartsound, but Sonicfire is much more powerful than smartsound....try using the moodmapping along with oyur video, using the dialog setting sure can make mixing easier and quicker.

Good to see another Liquid user on here.

Regards

Mark

Work system Symphony Nitris classic 3.5.1 Vista business 64 12GB ram 10 TB Avid media drive Home system Media Coposer 3.5.1 Dual 3.2 Xeon 2.0MB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 3 2008 12:17 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,771
    • Points 62,135

Thank you both. I'll give both approaches a try. Also, I'll dig deeper into the whole Metasync issue. If you search through the SonicFire Pro help, you'll see that they discuss some sort of integration between MC and SFP - I just don't understand it (yet), but the approaches you've both suggested will also work just fine...

Cheers

MC 2020.8 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2020.5 | Sapphire 2020.5 | Mocha Pro 2020.5 | Titler Pro 7.3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 (2004) | System: Asus x299, i9-7940X... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller