Latest post Thu, May 15 2008 9:50 AM by Corne Scheepers. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 15 2008 7:47 AM

Sticky transcode media problem, please help

I've transcoded 8 hours worth of video that someone incorrectly captured to a mchines's local storage to a Unity workspace.  Somehow, the audio still links back to local storage.  I've now transcoded the audio to the Unity workspace (The video is no longer online on local storage).  So the original clips are where they should be, by as seperate audio and video clips with the first part of the clip name being the same. 

Is there any way now that I can link the seperate clips up to form single clips again.  I know, I know, bad workflow...

MCsoft 2.8.1 WinXP Unity MediaNet 5.0.1

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 15 2008 9:18 AM In reply to

Re: Sticky transcode media problem, please help

Why did you transcode and not copy at finder level? What happens if you hide the local media (rename the folder), then relaunch the Avid. Open the bin with the footage and if the sound is not linked, try to select the clips and relink to the appropriate workspace.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 15 2008 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: Sticky transcode media problem, please help

Thanks mate, never even thought of just moving the media.  Just copied over the audio, relinked and everything is back online.  Thanks for the help!

Avid Media Composer 2020.4 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller