Latest post Tue, May 20 2008 10:38 PM by Steeldestroyer. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 14 2008 6:18 PM

New Avid.com?

Did I miss an announcement (I couldn't find one anywhere on the forums)?  It appears that Avid.com has a new face...

On first glance, I like it.  I'll have to explore it further when I get the chance.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 3 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (2x1GB, 2x512MB;) XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 250 GB Seagate HD (System) 3x500 GB Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 14 2008 7:32 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • ! Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: New Avid.com?

It happened yesterday. We didn't make an official announcement here though.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, May 14 2008 7:35 PM In reply to

• ravidedit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2005
    • Northern Virginia/D.C.
    • Posts 667
    • Points 8,355

should I read into the fact that there is no heading for "support" any longer?

2 MC DX Nitris, Pro Tools HD [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 14 2008 7:40 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • ! Avid Employee

No and it's a discussion raging inside Avid right now. Someone  there thought  it would be  a better idea to  change "Support" to "Services".

Hopefully they got fired. (read with extreme sarcasm)

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, May 14 2008 7:43 PM In reply to

• ravidedit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Northern Virginia/D.C.
    • Posts 667
    • Points 8,355

well I don't necessarily want to see someone fired over semantics, but yeah I think it was bad wording especially during a customer focused transitional period

• Wed, May 14 2008 7:52 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • ! Avid Employee

Agreed. (The fired thing was taking an argument to it's illogical conclusion) To me it's an extension of a lot of other bone-head marketing moves over  there though.

• Wed, May 14 2008 8:36 PM In reply to

I'm just glad I finally found a good explanation of ScriptSync.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz 3 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 (2x1GB, 2x512MB;) XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 250 GB Seagate HD (System) 3x500 GB Western Digital... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 14 2008 8:48 PM In reply to

• chhowe
    • Not Ranked
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135
    • ! Avid Employee

Hello everyone,

Thanks for you candid comments and feedback on the new web site.  I just wanted to take an opportunity to address your comments and questions about the choice of the label “Service”, particularly in light of the “customer focused transitional period” you refer to. 

Avid of course offers technical support for its products, but we offer a whole range more to help our customers. Our services not only include support, but training, which includes both online and classroom offerings, a range of professional services: planning, commissioning and operational efficiency, as well as consulting services and the Knowledge Base.  

We certainly hear you and will take your feedback into consideration and make changes where warranted.  Again, thank you for your comments and I welcome you to contact me directly with any additional website suggestions. 

Chris Howe
    Director, Online Marketing
    Avid Technology, Inc.
    email:  [email protected]

Chris Howe Director, Online Marketing & User Experience Avid Technology, Inc.

Filed under:
  • Wed, May 14 2008 9:11 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • ! Avid Employee

Understood Chris however, from a customer standpoint, when I go to a company's website, I want to see, front and center, that  there is an easy way to access the support for my product. Having to "Divine" same from an extremely generic tab is sort of off-putting. 

During this time of transition, I think that watering down concepts like support for a product who's biggest competitive advantage is it's perceived added value over the competition is, in my view, a big mistake in a small package.

I've fielded more  than a few questions like Ravid's in the last day or so prompting me to wonder if the message you guys are  sending may be an unintended one.

Forgive me for the banter above. It was my attempt at Vicodin-induced humor.

• Wed, May 14 2008 9:21 PM In reply to

• chhowe
    • Not Ranked
    • Tewksbury, MA
    • Posts 12
    • Points 135
    • ! Avid Employee

Blkdog - thanks for fielding all the questions, it is very much appreciated.  The issue is noted and as I said earlier, we will take all the feedback and make adjustments accordingly. We just can't make them instanteously.. so hold tight.. it'll be addressed.

Chris Howe Director, Online Marketing & User Experience Avid Technology, Inc.

• Wed, May 14 2008 10:30 PM In reply to

• ravidedit
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Northern Virginia/D.C.
    • Posts 667
    • Points 8,355

looks like the "support" issue was solved pretty instanteously. Wink

• Wed, May 14 2008 10:49 PM In reply to

Yeah, that was fast ...

"Services and Support" 

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Thu, May 15 2008 6:52 AM In reply to

ravidedit:

well I don't necessarily want to see someone fired over semantics, but yeah I think it was bad wording especially during a customer focused transitional period

Well they could fire him/her now at least they have the support they need to fall back on...

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 15 2008 3:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,896
    • Points 259,770
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Geesh folks....  give Chris a break. :) 

BlkDog escalated it....  it was sent to Chris by myself and Kevin, and she not only posted about it and thanked you for the feedback but had the team change it same day.

Trying here to make it better and as you can see, new people are posting so lets encourage the New Thinking so more and more Avid peeps get up here with me side by side and communicate periodically with you folks. 

Just my 2 cents.

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 16 2008 4:05 PM In reply to

Anyone else getting a 404 on the button for "The Right Tool" video on the MC pages?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller