Latest post Sat, Mar 29 2008 6:21 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 1:17 PM

• amyo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Can't Get Video to Play

Hi,

I can’t get video to play ever since I upgraded my Avid Express Pro to 5.8.0.  When I hit play in the playback window or on the timeline the audio is fine but the video just sits on the one frame.  When I stop playback, the video goes to the frame I hit stop on.

I’m working on a Macintosh G4 desktop computer.  Before I upgraded (when my Avid Express Pro was working fine), I was using operating system 10.3 and the Avid Express Pro was version 4.6.  Now I’ve upgraged my Mac operating system to 10.4.11 and, according to Avid, I had to upgrade my Avid to 5.8.0.  Recently, I upgraded my Quicktime software to 7.4.  Avid told me I had to go back to version 7.3.1 in order to get the video to play in the Avid.  I downgraded to 7.3 but I still can’t get video to play.  Also, I tried creating a new project and new settings but it still doesn’t work.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I’d be very grateful!

Thank you!

Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Mar 29 2008 1:23 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Can't Get Video to Play

Please do a search here before you post. this problem is all over the forums.

The problem is usually your video card. System requirements were changed after the x.7 releases.

You will need to upgrade your video card to one that supports Open GL and has a minimum of 128 megs of vram.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 1:25 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

BTW, in order to run 10.4.11, you can't go back to 5.3.x. You have to stay on 5.8 so, you can either back rev your OS to 10.4.6 or upgrade your video card.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 1:29 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee

I just noticed that this was your first post. Wanted to say welcome to the forums. At the top right of your window there is a search box. Starting there will help you get a lot of the answers you need. We have also placed some FAQs at the top of the forums as well as stickies with relevant current information.

Check back anytime you need help. There are a lot of very accomplished professionals who volunteer their time here to help make things a little easier for you.

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 6:21 PM In reply to

BLKDOG:
    Please do a search here before you post. this problem is all over the forums.

BLKDOG:
    I just noticed that this was your first post. Wanted to say welcome to the forums.

Wow, from gruff to teddy bear in only 6 minutes! Wink

adios,

Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller