Latest post Sat, Mar 29 2008 4:19 AM by Kenton.VanNatten. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 28 2008 9:54 PM

• john4re
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 23
    • Points 385

I cannot get Avid Media Composer to run

I was wondering if anyone had these issues. I went to load the Media Composer to use the program and it hangs up. So I shut down the program and reload and it worked fine until I tried to export a dvd to sonic and got a blue screen.

I decided to uninstall the program with the the Avid Media Composer CD. I get a saying that you have to remove program from add or remove program in control panel. When I go to control panel and click for example Avid Codec EL my screen in my control panel with the add and remove screen just flashes and does not allow me to remove the program

Is this a way you can manually remove the program from the add and remove section in control panel. I tried to manually remove  the program in the program files, avid folder, and if will delete the folder, but not in the control panel.

Anyone, have any ideas.

Thanks

John

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 10:06 PM In reply to

Re: I cannot get Avid Media Composer to run

Hi John,

If you tell us your system specifications, we might be able to help.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 11:01 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Absolutely right  (Good point for me Car?, isn't it ?Smile)

John, are you sure you're running your MC software on a qualified computer ?

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 2:27 AM In reply to

• john4re
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 385

My computer has 1.50 GB of Ram with a Pentium 4 2.40 GHZ with a 128 MB DDR ATI RADEON 9700 video card

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 2:40 AM In reply to

.- Ati cards are not suported AT ALL, you have a subpar and very old processor and not enough ram.

In other words, you are not qualified, not only for Avid, for almost any other modern NLE software.

Lenovo E32 ThinkStation Intel Xeon E3-1245,16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 600 (1 GB), Windows 10 Pro x64 (up to date) USB 3.0, Lite-On SSD 256GB System Drive... [view my complete system specs]

Remembering my friend Larry Rubin

"Art can't exist without Craft"

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 4:19 AM In reply to

john4re:
    When I go to control panel and click for example Avid Codec EL my screen in my control panel with the add and remove screen just flashes and does not allow me to remove the program

The program (if you're trying to uninstall it) would be named Avid Media ComposerAvid Codecs LE is just the codecs package and wouldn't actually uninstall the Media Composer software.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller