Latest post Thu, Jun 26 2008 4:08 AM by slackp11. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:30 PM

Controlling Deck Through Firewire But No Input Present...Plus New Error!

I just picked up an Avid Xpress Pro v5.5 Laptop and I can't get it to recognize my Sony HVR-Z1U or Canon XLH1 as an input however it will control both cameras remotely. I was affraid that maybe with version is not HD compatible, even though I've read it is, so I recorded some video in SD mode and now am getting a new error instead of no input...."Exception: ADM_DIO_ERROR_OCCURRED, DIOerr:PMDIOFormat::SetVideoFormat - DV100 is not a valid video compression" which is not the exception error I got earlier. I changed the settings under inport OHCI to use the source file resolution and use the current import resolution. now it's back on ask me to set the resolution for each file that is different from the current import resolution setting and i get this expected DVCPro HD 1080i/59.94 but received DV25 NTSC..... so idk wtf is going on! Surely it's not something simple like a bad firewire huh? I'm at a loss.

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 11:46 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,405
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Controlling Deck Through Firewire But No Input Present...Plus New Error!

Gonna need some more information. You need to detail your system specs and the version of software and OS.

When you say "Just picked up...Laptop", It makes me worry that you are trying to run an unsupported Vista OS.

Say it 'aint so.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 12:58 PM In reply to

No I'm not, it's a company owned system. I am mearly the operator. I work for a products company of which the president owns majority shares in a production company. Our products company has a television show that is edited by this production company but he is unhappy with the editing due to order of footage. He decided to take this laptop that wasn't currently being used and have me bring it here so that he could more closely oversee the editing process. I don't know what information you need but ok.. system: Microsoft windows xp professional version 2002 Service Pack 2 registered to: ......... Computer: AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM Physical Address Extension The Avid is v5.5 2006 liscensed to ..... (August 25,2006) I'm an idiot when it comes to the technical side of things so let me know what all information you need and where to find it.

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 1:26 PM In reply to

Hi,

Here's a post that tells you what we need to know.  Your first problem is going to be the AMD processor, which isn't supported, but may still work anyway.  The most important thing at this point is to find out what sort of video card the laptop has. 

Right-click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager, then click the plus sign next to Display Adapter, and that should tell you what kind of video card the computer has.  Let us know, and we'll see if it's something you can work with.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 3:51 PM In reply to

Thank you. it is a NVIDIA GeForce GO 7800 GTX

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 4:03 PM In reply to

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 4:37 PM In reply to

Hi,

You might be able to get this to work, but it'll take some work.  Here are the results of a forum search for go 7800.  It looks like some people have found the right drivers to make the GeForce 7800 GTX card work with Xpress Pro.  The first thing I'd do is see what drivers people have gotten to work, and then install them on your machine and see if that helps (right click on the card in the Device Manager list and select Properties, then click the Driver tab).

Also, take a look at this post, which details how to set up your Nvidia card for best performance.  Hopefully between the drivers and proper setup, you'll be able to get the system running.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 5:29 PM In reply to

thanks. i was told that this was an operating system and there is an exported quicktime file that they built on the computer so i'm assuming they were able to capture, edit, and export before so I wonder why it doesn't work now? I'll check out the drivers though.

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 5:36 PM In reply to

discoloredcurrency:
    thanks. i was told that this was an operating system

Hi,

What was an operating system?

discoloredcurrency:
    there is an exported quicktime file that they built on the computer so i'm assuming they were able to capture, edit, and export before so I wonder why it doesn't work now?

I don't know, either.  If Windows automatic updates are turned on, and the video drivers updated, that could do it.  If anybody added or removed any software or hardware since the last time anyone used it for editing, that could do it.

good luck,
    Carl

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 5:43 PM In reply to

ha, i meant FUNCTIONAL system, in other words it worked. It's not connected to the internet now but may have been when it was at the production studio.

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 5:55 PM In reply to

discoloredcurrency:
    ha, i meant FUNCTIONAL system, in other words it worked. It's not connected to the internet now but may have been when it was at the production studio.

Ah, that makes sense.  How badly do you need this to work quickly?  Do you have any technicians that could get it set up for you, or are you stuck dealing with it?

good luck,
    Carl

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 6:20 PM In reply to

I'm stuck with it. I tried to download the latest driver for the 7 series from nvidia.com and when i started installing it it said that "the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware."

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 6:52 PM In reply to

Hi,

Here are a couple of things that might help.

Windows XP Optimization - this is a set of tweaks for Windows XP that will optimize your system for Xpress Pro.

Version Matrix - This is a list of Xpress Pro versions along with what Nvidia driver and Quicktime version is recommended for them.  The Nvidia drivers and Quicktime version are critical to the system working, so having the right ones is important.

As for the Nvidia driver installation, that post I linked to above is the only place I know to go for information outside of Nvidia itself.  Sorry I don't have any better news for you on that.

good luck,
    Carl

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 7:27 PM In reply to

ok so far all my settings have been right except i have 119 hotfixs. I'm having trouble finding the list the compare them to and also how do you delete the wrong ones?

• Fri, Mar 28 2008 8:14 PM In reply to

i was playing with capture and if i deselect audio and just select video it shows a color snow storm in the preview monitor but gives me an "unknown error" when i try to record. if i select audio capture too it gives me the expected 1080i and received dv25 error.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller