Latest post Thu, Mar 27 2008 8:35 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 27 2008 4:52 AM

• mobilevp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 110
    • Points 1,595

AXP to MC Upgrade Confusing Fundamentals

Some Forum users say:   "Uninstall AXP before installing MC."

Some Forum users say:  "No need to Uninstall AXP."  (It can stay on the same computer.)

Can they both co-exist and be accessed on the same computer? (Concerned about disk space.)

Also, If there is a problem during install of MC and it will not work, can you then open up the AXP that was there before as a fail-safe (backup) program?

Some Forum users say: "The Nvidia card model and driver from the AXP will automatically work with the newely installed MC." -- True?

I am currently using Nvidia FX1100 Quadro (Driver 67.22)  Quicktime (7.1.3) with the AXP (5.2.2) on a Pentium 4 CPU (2.20 GHz) Ram (1.50 GB) -- This is a certified Avid supplier-built system.

After the upgrade to MC, will the Nvidia and Quicktime still work as is, or will I need to change the Nvidia Driver and Quicktime Version?

Thanks for your input.

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: AXP to MC Upgrade Confusing Fundamentals

mobilevp:
    Some Forum users say:   "Uninstall AXP before installing MC."  Some Forum users say:  "No need to Uninstall AXP."  (It can stay on the same computer.)

Hi,

You don't have to uninstall AXP, but if I were in your shoes, I would.  I don't know of any official guidance (there may be something about it in the instructions that come with the upgrade), but several forum members I trust have said to uninstall AXP first.

mobilevp:
    Can they both co-exist and be accessed on the same computer?

They can, but since MC includes every feature of AXP and adds many features, there's no reason to do so.

mobilevp:
    If there is a problem during install of MC and it will not work, can you then open up the AXP that was there before as a fail-safe (backup) program?

I would uninstall AXP prior to installing MC.  If there's a problem with MC, you could always reinstall AXP.

mobilevp:
    After the upgrade to MC, will the Nvidia and Quicktime still work as is, or will I need to change the Nvidia Driver and Quicktime Version?

You can look at the Media Composer version matrix to see what version of Quicktime and Nvidia drivers are required for various versions of Media Composer.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller