Latest post Sun, Mar 30 2008 9:35 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 26 2008 10:57 PM

• hot_metal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Capture Tool Problems

I am using a DCR-TRV70 to input DV footage using 5.7. I use a standard 4pin to 4 pin firewire. I open Avid. Then I connect the camera (capture tool will not recognize it when i check decks) I name the tape, turn on the video and audio channels, then hit capture, The audio plays on the source screen with no video for a few seconds then windows says avid had a fatal error and it closes. I have tried impoting the footage with another program and then importing it into avid as an .mp4 and it does the same thing (i have imorted footage off digital cameras that i converted to .mp4 just fine) Anyone have any ideas? Is the camera not supported? (I cant find it in the generic device list)

Also how are you supposed to fix error log messages. Two appear every time i open the app. What is their significance?

Any help would be truly appreciated. Im at my wits end

Filed under:
  • Wed, Mar 26 2008 11:11 PM In reply to

Re: Capture Tool Problems

Welcome to the Forum. Please take a few minutes to review this post for instructions on providing details about your system configuration. Then, come back here and post that information in this thread - eventually you'll be able to include them in your profile permanently. We need this information in order to help you.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Mar 30 2008 3:45 AM In reply to

• hot_metal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 26 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Trouble Capturing from DCR-TRV70

* Operating software- XP Media center Version 2002 with Service pack 2
        * Version Avid- Avid Express Pro 5.7 Academic Version
        * Version Quicktime- Version 7.4.1
        * System detailed info:
        Sys brand- HP
        model- HP Pavilion DV8000
        ram- 1.0 Gig
            drives- OS C: (AVID program file is located on this drive)
            DATA D: (I save avid projects in this drive) 100 gig of free space
        * Graphic card info- NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7600
        * Firewire card info- Texas Intruments chipset

I am using a DCR-TRV70 to input DV footage using 5.7. I use a standard 4pin to 4 pin firewire. I open Avid. Then I connect the camera (capture tool will not recognize it when i check decks) I name the tape, turn on the video and audio channels, then hit capture, The audio plays on the source screen with no video for a few seconds then windows says avid had a fatal error and it closes. I have tried impoting the footage with another program and then importing it into avid as an .mp4 and it does the same thing (i have imorted footage off digital cameras that i converted to .mp4 just fine) Anyone have any ideas? Is the camera not supported? (I cant find it in the generic device list)

Also how are you supposed to fix error log messages. Two appear every time i open the app. What is their significance?

Any help would be truly appreciated. Im at my wits end

Filed under:
  • Sun, Mar 30 2008 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Trouble Capturing from DCR-TRV70

Hi,

I'm not sure from your post, but have you been able to capture directly from any camera (not capturing using something else and importing; straight capture from a camera into Xpress Pro)?

As for your error log messages, what do they say?  Has this system been working and this is a new problem, or is this a new system that has never worked?  I ask because you're far from the system requirements in your OS, video card, hard drive configuration (assuming C: and D: are partitions of the same drive; if they're separate physical drives, then you're ok), and if your computer's got an AMD chip in it, that's not supported either.

Also, according to the Version Matrix, you should be running Quicktime 7.1.3 instead of 7.4. 

I'm sorry to be the bearer of so much bad news all at once.  Try installing the correct version of Quicktime first.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller