Latest post Wed, Mar 26 2008 6:22 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 26 2008 12:26 PM

• monkeyberry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • bushveld
    • Posts 612
    • Points 7,595

help please in finding right drivers

hi guys...

on my workstations ive got the right nvidia drivers as per avids requirement....  but im battling to find

what is right for my "avid approved"  laptop.

HP nw9440  with quadro fx1500m

when i try run the nvidia drivers that come with avid xpro and composer it tells me cant find appropriate hardware, obviously coz my card is the mobile version of the fx1500.

and when i go to nvidia its showing me the same drivers avid have shipped with my avid software (which dont work)

any ideas?

have many avids all different, so cant post all specs... will rather say as required. KEEP THE DONGLE [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 26 2008 1:38 PM In reply to

• monkeyberry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • bushveld
    • Posts 612
    • Points 7,595

Re: help please in finding right drivers

hmmm maybe my problem is not a driver issue...

what my problem is is this.....   laptop thru mojo to component sony lmd 2020. lcd client monitor.

the footage is crushed, and no matter how i tune the monitor i cannot get a decent balance between laptop screen which looks good and this crushed client monitor.   i thought it was the screen so tried another one, same!   thought it was mojo so tried another one, same !  put my project on my adrenaline with same screen its great.  on an xpro, too , it looks great,  put it back on laptop and its crushed and bright in some places etc....   there is no ways i can do any kind of color correction here.

ive now installed xpro AND MC software on here to see if thats it, but same on both.  im running out of ideas now thats why i thought it might be the drivers, but this current driver looks great on the laptop, plays fluid and solid.  its just the client monitor output that is poked.   even color bars out are a mission to set.   there is also no individual component output settings.  only in adrenaline i think.

am i missing something obvious here?  why is it looking so bad?

have many avids all different, so cant post all specs... will rather say as required. KEEP THE DONGLE [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 26 2008 4:38 PM In reply to

• monkeyberry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • bushveld
    • Posts 612
    • Points 7,595

bump

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 6:22 PM In reply to

Hi,

What version of AXP (or MC, for that matter) are you running?  Is the driver you're having trouble with the same one listed on the Version Matrix?

good luck,

Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller