Latest post Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:51 PM by Larry Rubin. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:25 PM

• babyblue
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 5 2007
    • Rio de Janeiro Brazil
    • Posts 200
    • Points 2,570

Problem with overwrite MC 2.8

Every time that I am in segment mode overwrite, and click on my sequence (on the TC Track) to change my cursor position to a new location, I get out of the segment mode.

This is a trouble as I use this a lot, and in old days using XPRESS PRO, I did not have this problem.

Any fixes for this

Many thanks from Brazil.

Allan

08 stations MC 6.5.2 XENON QUAD CORE 8 GBYTES MEMORY VIdeo ATI 1 Gbyte, SHARED NETWORK DRIVES 02 ISIS 5000, INTERPLAY. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:27 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with overwrite MC 2.8

Hi Allan,

That's a difference between Xpress Pro and Media Composer.  In Media Composer, clicking on the TC track exits Segment Mode.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:29 PM In reply to

lol....(it's not a bug) welcome to Media Composer. 

That's been the behavior of MC since nearly the beginning as far as I remember. 

NewsCutter and XpressDV/Pro are the only products that don't do this.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:34 PM In reply to

Actually, Newscutter Adrenaline does the exact same thing.  BTW, you need not click directly on the TC track to change position in the timeline - anywhere inside the timeline window field will do.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:44 PM In reply to

I thought NC didn't dump you out ... been awhile since I've been on NC.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:51 PM In reply to

Kenton:

With just a few annoying differences (like the absence of the center duration window) and a few other minor quirks, Newscutter Adrenaline is essentially identical to Media Composer Adrenaline. It's far superior to Newscutter XP, which we also have on secondary platforms.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller