Latest post Wed, Apr 2 2008 3:35 PM by md_jamil. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2008 8:08 AM

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

BBC Static RT & BBC Realtime

We have MC 1.3.5 adrenaline, its supplied with Boris continuum complete AVX ver. 3. We rebuilt whole system because of a virus. When I installed Boris plug-ins avid gives 2 error about specific procedures not started properly. when you remove BBC Static and BBC Realtime from plugin folder errors gone system starts normally. Question what are theses plugins for and how to make them work?

• Mon, Mar 24 2008 2:31 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: BBC Static RT & BBC Realtime

In theory, the installation porcedure is quite easy. Boris BCC (not BBC which may be another interpretationSmile)  will install in the AVX folder and be available in the FX palette once your Avid program is launched. What do the error messages say ?

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 2:40 PM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

Re: BCC Static RT & BCC Realtime

Yes you right its BCC not BBC. here what error says.

Error at loading of ippIP Library

ippiAdd_8u_C4RSfs: specified procedure could not be found

What to do?

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 2:44 PM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

Please note that all the other effects of BCC do appear in effects pallette and they work fine only above ones make problm. Same error once for each effect. Once you remove them from AVX folder no more errors

Regards,

M. Jamil

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 3:02 PM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2006
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,945

Sorry to hijack the issue but Sep have you noticed any issues with advanced key frame on Boris 3 flare ?

I'm hopefully getting a new 4.0 in April. [view my complete system specs]

If this job was easy it wouldn't be any fun.

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 8:36 PM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

Are we running out of ideas, nobody knows whats the problem. Did anybody experiece the same thing?

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 8:40 PM In reply to

md_jamil:
     Are we running out of ideas, nobody knows whats the problem. Did anybody experiece the same thing?

Hi,

I'd try reinstalling BCC.  Perhaps those two effects have become corrupted somehow.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 10:34 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Keep cool, what does this mean "out of ideas". We all here try to help !!!!!!

You seem having a problem which happened already in october 2007

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/50617/283987.aspx#283987

What indeed did you do to solve your problem till today ? It seems you've got this issue only after reinstalling your MC 1.3.5 !

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 10:38 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Blue Crow:

Sorry to hijack the issue but Sep have you noticed any issues with advanced key frame on Boris 3 flare ?

I'll take a look at this, promised !

sep

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 5:29 AM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

Yes Sep its still the same old issue it was never resolved. It was suggested to reinstall and I did many times, no improvement I just removed those two effects from AVX folder. I just came back to see if someone can suggest something this time.

Jamil

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 9:52 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Blue Crow:

Do you mean the "lens flare" or the "lens flare advanced" FX ?

What exactly is your issue ?

sep

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

Hello sep

None of these, my issue is when I install boris continum complete. AVX Plugins  BCC Static and BCC Realtime generate error which I mentioned. I dont know what these plugins do because I never got them working. I simply remove them from AVX Plugin folder and no more errors. I want to know why these plugins dont work and what do they do if one gets them to work. Are they very special ones. Please note that rest of the Boris plugin work just fine only these 2 make problems.

Regards,

M. Jamil

• Sat, Mar 29 2008 3:21 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Both indeed are RT FX, Statcs are (only) textures, not really useful IMO. I myself own them since around 4 years, and never used 1. 

The RT FX are indeed identical to FX you have besides, which must be systematically rendered (be aware that the RT FX also must be rendered, RT is only a "comfortable" preview).
    About your problem, these RT FX have been made specially for the MCA. You 1.3.5 Adrenaline, in theory, should be abble to flawlessly work with them. I am however unable to tell you where your problem might be, sorry.

PS

Just for your info, my previous reply was an answer to Blue Crow.  

sep

• Tue, Apr 1 2008 7:29 AM In reply to

• md_jamil
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 79
    • Points 1,175

End of story problem not solved. I have to live with it I think.

Now back to my post when I said running out of ideas.

Agreed people out here are help each other no one owes anybody anything. We are not only helping each other but helping Avid as well because more that people know about product better it sells, when some complains about something not solved its obviously not on vaulenteers its very much on Avid itself. Since this furum is hosted on Avid site and its about their products, they are the first to benefit. Avid must jump in on unanswered or unsolved issues. Frankly I have leared alot on this forum actual much quicker than any technical support but sometimes you ask a question, and no answer you dont know where to go, for instense right to left font support in Avid titler. I raised this issue twice and then gave up without a real solution just petty work arounds.

Anyway thanks for help everybody.

• Tue, Apr 1 2008 8:17 AM In reply to

md_jamil:
    Avid must jump in on unanswered or unsolved issues.

Hi,

That would be nice, and sometimes it does happen, but this is a user forum.  If you want help directly from Avid, you should contact Avid Support directly.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller