Latest post Tue, Mar 25 2008 1:34 PM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 23 2008 7:37 AM

• jasperfdo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 11 2006
    • Santa Monica
    • Posts 671
    • Points 8,845

Need to import color corrected timeline from After Effects -

Of course with the new announcements I will be upgrading to Media Composer soon, but kinda want to wait until after NAB, however...

Recently edited a project shot on the DVX-100 camera in 24p Advanced Mode.  The color correction was done in After Effects, and now the colorist has delivered the color corrected footage back to me.

Is there any special way I need to bring that back into the project to avoid pull down problems and such?  I'm obviously using a 23.976 project.  Also...will XPress Pro try and do compression - do I have to have MC to do the 1:1 import back in?  I'm figuring MC will be the only way I can bring the footage from After Effects back into the project without further compression. =|

MacBook Pro Retina / El Capitan / 16GB RAM / G-Studio Drive System / Media Composer 8.6.x [view my complete system specs]

kyler boudreau | www.theatereleven.com

• Sun, Mar 23 2008 11:47 PM In reply to

• MichaelP
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 2,444
    • Points 30,415
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Employee
      Moderator: Film
      Moderator: MetaFuze

Re: Need to import color corrected timeline from After Effects -

When the render was done in After Effects (make movie), did he/she use an Avid codec? There should be no pulldown problems if you have them native 23.976 and they give it back to you the same way.

Michael

24p.com

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 12:29 AM In reply to

• jasperfdo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 11 2006
    • Santa Monica
    • Posts 671
    • Points 8,845

okay...cool.  I was afraid it would try and recompress everything.  thanks Michael.  I'll just hang tight until NAB is over to order the upgrade in case any mojo type deals surface.

MacBook Pro Retina / El Capitan / 16GB RAM / G-Studio Drive System / Media Composer 8.6.x [view my complete system specs]

kyler boudreau | www.theatereleven.com

• Tue, Mar 25 2008 1:10 PM In reply to

Just remember that Avid is NOT going to be at NAB.  I think the're going to have a simultaneous show of some type in Vegas though... 

John
  • Tue, Mar 25 2008 1:34 PM In reply to

Johnnyoutback:
    Just remember that Avid is NOT going to be at NAB.  I think the're going to have a simultaneous show of some type in Vegas though... 

Hi,

Here's a thread about Avid's NAB plans, in case anyone missed it.  They haven't yet announced any specific plans or events.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller