Latest post Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:42 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 13 2008 9:38 PM

Fail to Initial Audio Hardware

Hello,

My Xpress Pro 5.7.2 fails to initialize "Audio Hardware." What could be the problem? Please help.

• Thu, Mar 13 2008 9:57 PM In reply to

Re: Fail to Initial Audio Hardware

Hi,

This is almost always a problem with your sound card, but without knowing what you've got, it's hard to say.  Fill out your system specs in your profile and we'll see what you're working with.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 2:46 PM In reply to

Thank or assisting in solving the issue. System specs: Dell Precision PWS 490, Intel Xenon CPU 5150 @ 266 GHZ, 3.25 GB RAM. Avid Xpress Pro 5.7.2, Audio Card SigmTel. I hope this Info is enough.

• Wed, Mar 26 2008 3:02 PM In reply to

persianoaks:
    Audio Card SigmTel

Hi,

Unfortunately, SigmaTel audio often doesn't work with Xpress Pro.  The easiest solution is to get a Soundblaster Audigy 2 audio card instead.

good luck,
    Carl

Media Composer 2020.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:37 PM In reply to

I had no sound problems until I used Audio Punch-In  tool(Mic Input) with a mixer. Could I have overloaded the board?

• Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:42 PM In reply to

Hi,

Are you having any audio trouble with any other programs?  If it's a system-wide problem, then you may have messed up the board somehow.  If it's just Avid, then I'd suspect a driver problem.  Is the system connected to the internet?  Could the drivers have been automatically updated by Windows?

good luck,
    Carl

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller