Latest post Fri, Nov 16 2007 7:46 PM by sep. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 15 2007 12:19 PM

• Tentaor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 15 2007
    • Posts 28
    • Points 335

Trim audio without move keyframes

Hi!

I´m working in Xpress, Composer, Composer Meridien, Symphony and Symphony Nitris. Now I need to perform a action if it´s possible. I want to trim a audio track whith keyframes to perform the audio mix. Can I trim the track without move the keyframes.

Sorry for my English. I´m spanish.

Thanks a lot.

MAC PRO EARLY 2008 32 GB RAM OSX EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 media composer 8.4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 15 2007 1:29 PM In reply to

Re: Trim audio without move keyframes

I don't use audio keyframing, but with video keyframing, trimming a clip will cause the position of the keyframes to slide relative to the new length of the clip.  The only way to edit without altering keyframes is to lift or extract a section out of the front or back of the clip, instead of performing a trim.

I assume that audio keyframing works the same way?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Nov 15 2007 11:11 PM In reply to

• Tentaor
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 335

Then there is no way?

:S

MAC PRO EARLY 2008 32 GB RAM OSX EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 media composer 8.4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 16 2007 12:32 AM In reply to

Kevin:

For video keyframing, if you promote the effect to advanced keyframing, right clicking on a keyframe within the advanced display will give you "fixed" or "elastic" options.

Regarding the audio issue, no, I don't believe it's possible to slip - slide trim without the audio keyframes moving along with the trim.  I also believe you would not want them to anyway, as those keyframes still represent the various audio cue points for level changes, even after the trim.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 2:07 AM In reply to

Instead of using 'Trim', try just using the 'Add edit' command to split the track, and then delete the bit you dont want.
    Windows XP32 SP2 Intel Pentium D950 3.4GHz Dual-core (OC to 3.83GHz) Asus P5LD2-Deluxe Mobo, Onboard Realtek Audio and TI based IEEE1394 Nvidia QuadroFX... [view my complete system specs]
    (- =) Joe
  • Fri, Nov 16 2007 9:37 AM In reply to

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,450

Larry Rubin:

Regarding the audio issue, no, I don't believe it's possible to slip - slide trim without the audio keyframes moving along with the trim.  I also believe you would not want them to anyway, as those keyframes still represent the various audio cue points for level changes, even after the trim.

Unless perhaps you happen to be trimming a music track beneath dialogue that, for whatever reason, needs to be more or less locked. In this case, I can see how the ability to have keyframes hold in time against the level changes in things like dialogue pauses would be useful. Otherwise, there's always the old cut-and-dissolve approach.

Cheers,

Paul

MC 8.10.0 Mac Pro (late 2013) CPU - 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 RAM - 64GB DDR3 GFX - AMD FirePro D700 6GB (x2) [view my complete system specs]

Paul

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 10:09 AM In reply to

• Tentaor
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 28
    • Points 335

Adding a cut it is no a solution because audio keyframes are moved with the clip when I move it. I need to trim a audio track (a no-voice song) to make end the song with my sequence. If i do changes in my edit and i had yet the audio leveled I need to move the audio track without move keyframes. I do it in Sony Vegas Video but this was a software that can copy and paste "audio envelopes". I want to know if i can do simething like this in Avid.

Converting videokeyframes in fixed is a very interesting feature that I don´t knew in Avid. Thanks. I´ll use it!Be sure.

Thanks a lot again and sorry for my poor English!

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 10:58 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

I fear you can't actually copy "audio envelopes" as you can do it in Sony Vegas. Yes, Sony Vegas has some very intersting features. I am currently "discovering" this software, some useful things may be introduced into the Avid world (which already exist in Vegas), for instance 5.1, or direct Blu Ray burning feature, etc... 
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 12:35 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

If you move the audio clip, any keyframed audio level changes will move with the clip -- this is usually desired.  However, you can move all of them them back into the sync that you orginally wanted by marking the keyframes in to out, hold down the ALT (is it the Apple key on a Mac?), cursor one of the keyframes and drag them back to where you wanted them relative to the video, or whatever sync you wanted.
    xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 16 2007 1:40 PM In reply to

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,450

Tentaor:

Thanks a lot again and sorry for my poor English!

It's actually better than most, clear and polite. Don't worry!

MC 8.10.0 Mac Pro (late 2013) CPU - 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 RAM - 64GB DDR3 GFX - AMD FirePro D700 6GB (x2) [view my complete system specs]

Paul

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 2:20 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

cassano:
    If you move the audio clip, any keyframed audio level changes will move with the clip -- this is usually desired.  However, you can move all of them them back into the sync that you orginally wanted by marking the keyframes in to out, hold down the ALT (is it the Apple key on a Mac?), cursor one of the keyframes and drag them back to where you wanted them relative to the video, or whatever sync you wanted.

Here I guess the problem is different, in Vegas you can copy the audio envelope, that is to say you had keyframed music track in timeline, with many keyframes level control, you decide (the client wants you) to change this music : no problem, you change the music and apply the envelope, similar to copy without source for a title or an alpha channel still keyframed animation.  

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Fri, Nov 16 2007 5:15 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

Yeah, I actually have to correct myself in that the one cannot highlight and slip keyframed audio.  That only works for ganged level changes and/or deletion of the keyframes.

Maybe we should move this thread to the wishlist forum.

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 16 2007 7:46 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

cassano:
    Maybe we should move this thread to the wishlist forum.

Why not ?Idea

sep

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller