Latest post Mon, Feb 8 2010 8:25 PM by spotlite2. 74 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 4 2007 6:08 PM

• joelrmorgan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Gresham, Oregon
    • Posts 144
    • Points 1,885

The "No audio when digitizing" and the "DSR-11 no audio on external input" posts

Kelly of Avid Tech Support mentioned to me that this ongoing audio input problem with versions newer than 5.2.4 was caused by the JVC Mini-DV/S-VHS deck I am using to input audio and video.  Well, obviously the problem is caused by many more input devices than my old JVC.

For those of you with this problem, I would like to compile a list of system specs (especially your input devices) so that I can forward that information on to Kelly.  Please post that detailed information here.

Perhaps with enough information (and if she can see how many people this effects) the fine folks of Avid will take some action and actually do something about it.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are links to the original two posts:

http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/thread/148840.aspx

http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/thread/210910.aspx

- Dell Precision 670 - Dual Xeon processors (2.8) - 4 gigs of Ram - nVidia 1400 (driver 7.7.1.8) - Creative SB X-Fi sound card - 120 Gig boot hard... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 7 2007 10:19 AM In reply to

• Tugger
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Champaign Illinois USA
    • Posts 676
    • Points 8,770

Re: The "No audio when digitizing" and the "DSR-11 no audio on external input" posts

Definetly something I'd like to see sorted out

Running AXP on HP zd8000 laptop (ATI X600 graphics card-one of the few qualified, 3.2ghz P4 proc, 2 gig Ram) most of the time use on-board conexant card, occasionally for 5.1 breakout I'll use a soundblaster pcmcia card, and infrequently when bouncing between AXP and Adobe Audition I will designate a tascam or m-box USB connected breakout interface box as system sound card (all other AXP audio features function well with any of these set-ups) Decks connected are either Sony DSR-11 (field), or DSR-25 (office). Test with cameras (Pani HVX, DVX, and Sony PD150) yielded same failed results. Work around (having tape loaded and actively recording) works.

EDIT: AXP 5.7, XPproSP2, no mojo

MediaComposer 2018.X on HP8770 Windows10pro / MediaComposer 5.5 on HP8740.eSATA external media drives. Samsung 24" computer monitors when in office... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 7 2007 6:12 PM In reply to

• Tugger
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Champaign Illinois USA
    • Posts 676
    • Points 8,770

Re: The "No audio when digitizing" and the "DSR-11 no audio on external input" posts

Bump
    MediaComposer 2018.X on HP8770 Windows10pro / MediaComposer 5.5 on HP8740.eSATA external media drives. Samsung 24" computer monitors when in office... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 7 2007 6:15 PM In reply to

• wayland
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,060

Though seemingly sorted out much of the time, there are still problems capturing from the HVRM10 under specific circumstances. Mainly when the audio is on one track only.

Chris
    AXP 5.8 HP XW8200 XP Pro SP2 Nvidea Quadro 1400 2gig ram Internal C: 80gig Internal D: 80gig 4xMaxtor 250gig external firewire media drives on separate... [view my complete system specs]

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood .... can cause severe flooding.

• Tue, May 8 2007 3:44 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

As this is an interesting situation i made the post sticky. In everybody's interest can all that offer info please clearly state what deck they are using, what version Xpress Pro and what type of system. That will help us to get a good bug report to the right people.

Deck type:

Xpress Pro Version:

System:

Mojo yes/no      SDI/Analog

Thx.,..

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

• Tue, May 8 2007 3:54 PM In reply to

• wayland
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,060

HVRM10, also sometimes with the DSR40P

HP XW8200 (details in profile)

Analog Mojo

Thanks Menno

Chris
    AXP 5.8 HP XW8200 XP Pro SP2 Nvidea Quadro 1400 2gig ram Internal C: 80gig Internal D: 80gig 4xMaxtor 250gig external firewire media drives on separate... [view my complete system specs]

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood .... can cause severe flooding.

• Tue, May 8 2007 4:36 PM In reply to

• klein19
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 16 2006
    • Montreal, Qc, Canada
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,695

Dual 2.8 GHZ, 2 Gigs of ram, Nvidia 540FX, Sound Blaster Audigy, 160 HD internal, 300 HD internal, Windows XP service pack 2.

The camera that had this problem was the Sony Digital8 TRV-460.

Hope this helps

Klein

MacPro 2.7GHz 12 core, 64GB RAM, Dual AMD FirePro D700 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 9 2007 10:47 PM In reply to

I have the no audio problem with a DSR11, DSR PD100A, HVR Z1U, and Sony DVMC DA-2. I am currently running Xpress 5.6.2, these devices last confirmed worked with 5.2

Gen Lee

Dell 670 Workstation, Win XP Pro SP2, 2 GB ram, 180 GB HD, 4Lacie 250 GB External USB Drives, Digi002 that does not talk to Avid even though they guarantee... [view my complete system specs]
    I can't lose anything cause I don't know what I've got!
  • Fri, May 11 2007 5:51 PM In reply to

• wayland
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,060

Back in the mists of time I posted a test I did. It might be worth posting it again now.

All material filmed in HDV on a Z1, deck used to capture HVRM10 transcoding to DV.

When the stereo camera mic is used (indoor atmos and the like) I have audio when capturing.

When I use external mic, and radio mic, via XLR in channel 1, there is no audio when capturing, though the audio on client monitor from Mojo is fine. The audio is captured correctly and plays back OK.

All audio is 48K

Hope this might help.

Chris

• Sun, May 13 2007 11:47 AM In reply to

• daryl5
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Israel
    • Posts 245
    • Points 3,595

Sad [:(] Re: The "No audio when digitizing" and the "DSR-11 no audio on external input" posts

Hi

My systems is:

PC = Xw8200 dual 3.8 with 3GB of ram + Video card is Pny-1400 and 1.5TB of disk space
    Windows Xp +sp2 with no windows update as suggested.

to input analog video like VHS tape or Hi8 I use my Sony DSR-11 in PAL mode 
    and the last version that this work on is 5.5 if i move over to a new version i get the problem that no sound come in as i capture.

and this is also the reason that i didn't upgrade to 5.7

Xw8200 dual 3.8 Xeon 5GB of memory 6x2TB Sata HDD Mojo [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 15 2007 4:26 PM In reply to

I have also had to revert back after the newer versions no longer had audio on my Canon GL2 or the new Canon HDAX1.  The sound DOES work if I play a tape on these cameras, but not if I use the camaera in A to D mode.

Lance
  • Tue, May 22 2007 12:59 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400

any more takers on this?

Menno
    35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

My Keys

• Tue, May 22 2007 2:52 PM In reply to

• wayland
    • Not Ranked
    • UK
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,060

It's kind of you to help Baklap, but there seems to be little point. It would have been helpful to hear something from on high, but the silence matches the problem itself. Only this time there's no client monitor to use.

But then I guess we're just the clients.

Chris

• Tue, May 22 2007 6:04 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400

I have got this into the right place now (thx M)..... give it just a little bit of time and hopefully "we" know more somewhere this afternoon or tomorrow.

Menno

Twitter Account

My Keys

• Wed, May 23 2007 1:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,387
    • Points 233,325
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey folks.........  Menno escalated this situation to me yesterday and here is what I have found.

You have to choose transcoder as your device first but then you will need a fix or you'll get timecode repeats causing the audio to be written in as zeros - hence the errors.

QA says there is a fix coming soon and says it has to do with using the device as a transcoder. It's difficult to tell from the posts above if that is how some of you  are using the devices, or whether tyou are using the decks as just decks, but QA can reproduce the issue, and a fix is coming soon which will solve their problems. From what I can gather - the fix will be in June.  

Email me directly if this is not what is happening to you and I can research further. 

Thanks Menno for letting me know this was happening.

Marianna

marianna_montague@avid.com

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 5 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller