Latest post Thu, Apr 2 2009 9:00 PM by Remi MC 3.5. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 13 2007 2:06 PM

• mark.burton
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 931
    • Points 11,355

A couple of useful console commands

A few I had not spotted before, usual warnings apply. I'm using MCA v2.6.6, don't know when they appeared, but would say v2.5 at a guess (certainly for the FSP one). Also in Xpress Pro.

If you get video 'tearing' in Fullscreen playback mode, then you can try enabling 'FSP Locked' which locks the video to the monitors vsync. Type 'FSP Unlocked' to put back to the default setting.

With my system this fixes the tearing, but I get a frame being help onto in the Open-GL buffer which momentarily appears when I move to another place in the timeline. However for others its works great.

Secondly there is 'IgnoreQTRate' which when set to 'True' will ignore a Quicktime files play rate and import it frame for frame to the current project rate. For example if your working in a PAL 24p film project and have a 25fps Quicktime to import, you can set this Console command to 'IgnoreQTRate True' and the file will import frame for frame. With it turned off the import would drop a frame a second. Nice.

--Mark
  • Wed, Feb 14 2007 10:40 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Re: A couple of useful console commands

to see all console commands, type help commands and hit enter (return on mac) HTH
  • Thu, Apr 2 2009 12:58 PM In reply to

• Remi MC 3.5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 28 2009
    • Holland
    • Posts 33
    • Points 365

Thanks!

I have two questions:

The first is, I have used your FSP Locked command and the full screen monitor plays my material without these anoying horizontal lines (not the interpolated ones) but my source recordmonitor still gives me these lines. Do you know a console command for that aswell? Or what causes these lines to be there?

My second question is about the "MotionFXRendertype" console command (witch I used a lot on the old MC1000). It seems to be gone. Or is it?

Media Composer 3.5, Quicktime pro 7.6, Macpro 2x2.26GHz Quad core Intel Xeon, 6 GB Ram, 2 NvidiaGeforce GT 120, Two 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/, 2 Led... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 2 2009 8:32 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,426
    • Points 97,495

Remi MC 3.5:
    I have used your FSP Locked command and the full screen monitor plays my material without these anoying horizontal lines

If you're using version 3.x, the sync command is now part of the FSP setup.  You don't need the console command.  Possibly MotionFXRendertype has gone for a similar reason.  If you use Timewarp for your motion control effect quality becomes part of the general render settings.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 2 2009 9:00 PM In reply to

• Remi MC 3.5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 28 2009
    • Holland
    • Posts 33
    • Points 365

Thanks for the tips, i'm using 3.5. My problem is that the lines are gone in the full screen mode, but stll excist in the source window.

Media Composer 3.5, Quicktime pro 7.6, Macpro 2x2.26GHz Quad core Intel Xeon, 6 GB Ram, 2 NvidiaGeforce GT 120, Two 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/, 2 Led... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller