Latest post Sun, Jun 23 2024 3:42 PM by Telegram!. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 2 2024 2:53 AM

IMPORTING VS LINKING GRAPHICS....

In the midst of a big re build of the stock footage here and running into a conumdrum around linking or importing the graphic clips.

Importing them always makes them the size of the project, but you can easily set the duration to something small like 5 seconds.

Linking brings the files in at their native sizes and transcoding them has an option to keep the source dimensions, but the duration is always 30 secs.

There are over 500 alpha graphics here and it would be great to have a solution that allows the size to be retained but the duration set to a custom value.

Is there such a solution/workaround?

...apologies if this is answered elsewhere already....

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC24.6-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 3 2024 7:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,903
    • Points 259,825
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Re: IMPORTING VS LINKING GRAPHICS....

Hey there

I dont think there is but let me ask the developers.....

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 5 2024 3:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,903
    • Points 259,825
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Robert Martindale:

In the midst of a big re build of the stock footage here and running into a conumdrum around linking or importing the graphic clips.

Importing them always makes them the size of the project, but you can easily set the duration to something small like 5 seconds.

Linking brings the files in at their native sizes and transcoding them has an option to keep the source dimensions, but the duration is always 30 secs.

There are over 500 alpha graphics here and it would be great to have a solution that allows the size to be retained but the duration set to a custom value.

Is there such a solution/workaround?

...apologies if this is answered elsewhere already....

Got some intel for you on this request.....

First, it was entered as a Feature Request a few weeks back.   MCCET-5378   - Linking still images should use the Frame Import Duration setting

Workflow for you to try............ There’s a workflow for this where you can set inpoint, outpoint = duration of multiple clips in one go.. So if they need 5 seconds they can make all clips to 5 seconds with a couple of simple steps.

I will send the video to your email.....

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 6 2024 4:24 AM In reply to

Gracias.....got the email and will check out the video

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC24.6-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 6 2024 6:56 AM In reply to

This worked well and it was easy to make shorter clips from a transcoded sequence of the clips after the IN and OUT are set.  That is how this is done, yes?

The transcode creates new short clips and is just what the dr ordered.....except when it came time to bring in alpha graphics....then, while they show as short durations in the bin and in the sequence, the resulting transcoded clips from the sequence were right back to being 30 secs...

...any ideas?

• Sun, Jun 23 2024 3:42 PM In reply to

I googled AVID console commands and landed on digitalrebellion.com with this:

Set still image default frame duration

When importing an image via the Import dialog the length can only be specified in seconds. This command allows you to specify it down to a frame.

Cmd_setimportslidelength [number in frames]
    ...which semi-worked* on MC v21.12 to AMA .pngs at 1 frame each 
    after typing:
    Cmd_setimportslidelength 1
    into the Console.

In the bin, those alpha matte effect clips did 
    show a duration of 30;00 frames each, 
    but  when I dragged them onto the timeline, 
    it created a four frame sequence.
    *Next, I duplicated that sequence and transcoded it, 
    using a Handle length of 0 frames 
    typed in, replacing the default.
    Then the various transcoded .new.01 clips 
    showed as 0;01 frames in the Duration Column 
    and the .Transcoded.01 sequence of alphas 
    remained at 4 frames duration.

-Telegram!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller