Latest post Mon, Apr 29 2024 10:16 PM by Ajay Yumul. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 7:48 PM

Transcoding Mp4 keeps crashing

Hi Folks, I'm trying to bring in an Mp4 into the Avid. I option drag it in and it plays perfectly fine but it crashes if I try to edit with it. I try to transcode it and the transcode button is greyed out. I try to consolodate it and the system crashes. Basically, I can't start editing it and I'm on a timeline. Any thoughts would be appreciated! ps my specs are Mac Studio 2022 with 33 GB; OS is Monterey; and my version is MC Ultimate 2024.2.0
    Mac Studio M1 with 32 gigs of ram. I cut with 3 monitors: one for bins, one for Composer and one in Full-Screen mode. (I don’t use a TV Client monitor... [view my complete system specs]
    Trevor Ambrose editor: Schitt's Creek, Saturday Night Live, Kids in the Hall https://www.imdb.me/TrevorAmbrose
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: Transcoding Mp4 keeps crashing

Does it play properly in Quicktime? I've found simply re-saving the file in Quicktime before linking in Avid often fixes this issue. Or bring it in to Resolve and transcode there first? 

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2022.10 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:37 PM In reply to

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. I'll just have to keep poking around. Thanks for trying Andi!
    Mac Studio M1 with 32 gigs of ram. I cut with 3 monitors: one for bins, one for Composer and one in Full-Screen mode. (I don’t use a TV Client monitor... [view my complete system specs]
    Trevor Ambrose editor: Schitt's Creek, Saturday Night Live, Kids in the Hall https://www.imdb.me/TrevorAmbrose
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 9:39 PM In reply to

flip it in Shutter Encoder into some other format....see if that helps...

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 10:08 PM In reply to

It's all good now. I didn't have enough space on my Mac HD to it kept crashing. Duh. Thanks for your help! Trevor
  • Mon, Apr 29 2024 10:16 PM In reply to

Hi Trevor.

Have you tried other Mp4 file? Just to see if the issue is just specific to this file. And if you can also try to convert it outside MC just to check if the file is good.

Thanks,

Ajay

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller