Latest post Thu, Feb 22 2024 3:15 PM by NYnutz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 20 2024 2:21 PM

• matsta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 29 2015
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

The installer for MC 2019.12

Hello everyone, I have a perpetual version of Media Composer up to version 2019.12. The issue is that I didn't keep the installer for this version, and from what I can see, all older versions of Media Composer have been removed from the Download Center. Does anyone from the community have the installer for MC 2019.12 and could share it? Regards.

• Tue, Feb 20 2024 8:31 PM In reply to

Re: The installer for MC 2019.12

matsta:

Hello everyone, I have a perpetual version of Media Composer up to version 2019.12. The issue is that I didn't keep the installer for this version, and from what I can see, all older versions of Media Composer have been removed from the Download Center. Does anyone from the community have the installer for MC 2019.12 and could share it? Regards.

Hi matsta,

I would suggest for you to join the Media Composer User Facebook group and try to ask in that group as there are individuals in there that might help you.

Below is the link for the actual group page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mediacomposer

Thanks,

Ajay

• Thu, Feb 22 2024 2:08 PM In reply to

• matsta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 29 2015
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Thank you for the response. It's a bit disheartening that in the case of losing the installer for an older version of Media Composer, for which I have a valid license, the user is left to fend for themselves. Now, because all the older MC installers have been removed, the only option left for me is to purchase a subscription for a new license.

• Thu, Feb 22 2024 3:15 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 466
    • Points 5,670

matsta:

Thank you for the response. It's a bit disheartening that in the case of losing the installer for an older version of Media Composer, for which I have a valid license, the user is left to fend for themselves. Now, because all the older MC installers have been removed, the only option left for me is to purchase a subscription for a new license.

while i get your frustration, there were a large number of public annoucements, emails, etc. about this. compared to many other companies, avid traditionally makes more legacy products available than anyone else I work with. It's a double edged sword, as it encourages users to NOT update to current releases, but it also means users rarely get forced to make changes. 

anywhoo, in addition to the facebook groups, you could also try reddit.com/r/editors. There's folks there who help out. 

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller