Latest post Sun, Feb 18 2024 4:22 AM by Evgeni Schmidt. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 13 2024 9:11 AM

AIR 192|4 M-Audio with avid ?

Hi all! I want to buy sound card: AIR 192|4 M-Audio. Does it work on new avid 2023.12 ? Thanks in advance!
  • Wed, Feb 14 2024 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: AIR 192|4 M-Audio with avid ?

luca.mg:

MC will use any sound card available, as far as it is properly configured in Windows, and provided that no Avid or third party I/O is on, as far as I remember it will use the default device as selected in the Windows Sound control panel. The laptop's built in audio hardware can be used, with no need for a USB sound card. I use a USB microphone for scratch voice overs, which is seen by Windows as an audio card, but, FWIW, I've never been able to monitor the recording, not in MC, nor in Audacity or the Windows buit in recording app, while monitoring is possible when connecting a mic to hardware I/O. Never took the time to trubleshoot this, and clients tend to record scratch audio on their mobile phones and send it to me by email, to be later replaced by proper voice over recorded in an audio facility, but I guess You do not talk about scratch here.

• Sun, Feb 18 2024 4:22 AM In reply to

Re: AIR 192|4 M-Audio with avid ?

Thanks for the answer, as I understand it, after the new update Avid does not work with an external sound card, it does not work. I tried it focusrite scarlet solo g2 and volt 1 universal audio. Alsow new windows 10, 11. Every time I start Avid it switch card from 48 to 96 sample and many errors. Switch to asio driver not help,  every time when i start Avid resetting settings and many errors. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller