Latest post Wed, Feb 14 2024 6:18 PM by isamson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 12 2024 4:53 AM

Use keyboard shortcuts to map settings

Does anyone have a way to map certain SETTINGS to keyboard shortcuts?  For example:

I use my computer monitor for Full Screen playback, but I also like to use my external bigscreen OLED.  To change the setting for that I have to open Settings, then User, then Full Screen Playback, then choose my monitor and close the window.  Not to mention switching it all back the way it was once I'm done.

Another example:

Before I playback on my OLED I must set the Desktop Play Delay to 7 frames.  So: Settings, then the Fullscreen Playback choices listed above, THEN the Desktop Play Delay setting, THEN change my WORKSPACE to expand my TIMELINE and hide the MC SOURCE/RECORD monitors so they won't be 7 frames behind the OLED during playback.

I suppose I could figure out a way to do it with macros and defined click areas, but I thought I'd ask everyone here first.

Thanks!

MacPro (2019) 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W / 192 GB RAM / OS 11.6 / MC 2021.12 / Symphony, PhraseFind, ScriptSync; Mocha Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 14 2024 6:18 PM In reply to

• isamson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 17 2016
    • Posts 41
    • Points 330
    • ! Avid Employee
      Avid Customer Service

Re: Use keyboard shortcuts to map settings

Hello Anamorphic,

I have created case 04757673 on your behalf and sent it to our Video Editor Support team. The next available resource will contact you to address the issue.

Thank you very much!

Inocencio

Does anyone have a way to map certain SETTINGS to keyboard shortcuts?  For example:

I use my computer monitor for Full Screen playback, but I also like to use my external bigscreen OLED.  To change the setting for that I have to open Settings, then User, then Full Screen Playback, then choose my monitor and close the window.  Not to mention switching it all back the way it was once I'm done.

Another example:

Before I playback on my OLED I must set the Desktop Play Delay to 7 frames.  So: Settings, then the Fullscreen Playback choices listed above, THEN the Desktop Play Delay setting, THEN change my WORKSPACE to expand my TIMELINE and hide the MC SOURCE/RECORD monitors so they won't be 7 frames behind the OLED during playback.

I suppose I could figure out a way to do it with macros and defined click areas, but I thought I'd ask everyone here first.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller