Latest post Thu, Sep 28 2023 2:30 AM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 26 2023 4:50 PM

Avid won't export PCM audio

I creamted a program in Media  Composer 2023.8.1.  Everything edited just fine..  After exporting the program .the following message appeared.

We can't plaly the audio for ________, It's encoded in pcm format which isn't supported.   Yu can still watch the video. Learn more about codecs.  

Is there a way to add the PCM codec?

videoserv2@aol.com

Ron

• Tue, Sep 26 2023 9:35 PM In reply to

Re: Avid won't export PCM audio

If it is just a few clips, how about converting those in Shutter Encoder into a format avid works with?

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 28 2023 2:30 AM In reply to

Re: Avid won't export PCM audio

You likely export to something like MP4 from Media Composer? If so, many software players won't play back h264 video with PCM audio in an mp4 container (even though MC will allow you to export is that way). Either use AAC upon export, or use the MOV container to export h264 with PCM audio.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller