Latest post Sun, Dec 4 2022 4:32 PM by Glenn Sakatch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 24 2022 11:32 PM

subcaps stylesheets

I've been on 2022.10 Since it came out, and have just recently noticed that all my stylesheets from the previous version have disappeared.  PITA, but not insurmountable.

But I'm not finding when I create a new style sheet it is not staying with my profile. It seems to be married to a project instead.  Typically they would stay with your user profile, so you didn't have to recreate them everytime you jumped to a different episode.

I guess it is possible that years ago, i moved them from a project setting to a user setting somehow, but i'm not even sure where they are in the settings tab.

Glenn

Current Avid-Z390 Win 10 Intel i9 64gig ram Nvidia A5000 MC current level - Win 10 64 Gig Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 25 2022 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: subcaps stylesheets

Move them to Site Settings?

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 25 2022 2:56 PM In reply to

I'm not seeing them as an item to move...maybe my eyes are failing me finally.

Current Avid-Z390 Win 10 Intel i9 64gig ram Nvidia A5000 MC current level - Win 10 64 Gig Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 25 2022 3:18 PM In reply to

I did manage to find where the styles are saved.  (shared documents/avx plugins)

My style sheets are still there, they are just not being recognized by Avid anymore, including if i make a new user setting, and again, no new style sheets are being saved.

• Sun, Dec 4 2022 4:32 PM In reply to

Just to update this issue.  I have two windows boxes that were exhibiting this behaviour.   All subcap presets were still in the correct location on the hard drive, but Avid 2022.10 was not seeing them.  If i created a new preset, it was not saving.

I tried using a base user setting profile with no difference.

I took my assistant station back to 2022.4, with was the last version i had been using, and everything was back to normal.

I then reinstalled 22.10 and like magic, everything was working again.

Did the same on my main box, and everything was working again.  

I'm not sure what happened, or why it fixed.  The odds of two boxes getting a bad install seems odd, and I'm positive, I had used the presets about a week before this started happening, on 2022.10... but the problem seems to have gone away.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller