Latest post Mon, Jul 4 2022 7:48 PM by jasonsaro. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 30 2022 4:37 PM

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 558
    • Points 6,790

Timeline Clip Highlight - when NOT in Effects mode - Interface issue?

Media Composer 2022.04 running on an HP Z800 workstation.  Windows 10 Pro OS build 19043.1766.  64 gig ram.  NVidia Quadra P2000.

We recently went facility wide from MC 2018.12 to 2022.04.  My system is running with the Symphony Option installed.

When working in the COLOR workspace in color correction mode, when you click on timeline clips, they highlight like you are in effect mode.  Meaning, if you are working and have the effect editor open and you click on clips, they highlight.  However, I do not have the effect editor open.  Nor do i have the effect palette open.  I am in the color workspace only. 

When you do click in the timeline on a clip, it highlights, however you can move the blue marker line to another clip and the same clip stays highlighted.  I go to apply a color correction to the clip where the blue line is and it applys correctly, however the other clip stays highlighted.  I then click to another clip and it might change to highlight that clip or stay where it is.

Color correction mode works fine in the Symphony option, however having clips be highlighted like you are in effect mode is cumbersome.  There is no pattern to it and i have looked to see if there are any other reasons the clips would be highlighted when you click on them in the timeline. This only happens in the color workspace with the effect editor closed.  I have even tried opening and closing the effect editor while working in color mode to see if it would reset it, and it does not.  Very weird and i believe it may be an interface bug? 

I have included a screen grab below.  My highlight color is the standard Avid Purple.  My blue line is parked on a ajacent clip that I clicked too.  However the clip to the left stays highlighted.  Again, this is all with the effect editor closed. 

Any insight or esscalation to the engineering team so they can investigate would be great.  Thanks all!

Jay

Avid Nexus - HPZ840 - MC 22.04 - Symphony Option [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 4 2022 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Timeline Clip Highlight - when NOT in Effects mode - Interface issue?

Hi, 

could you post this here: https://community.avid.com/forums/44.aspx

Thanks

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Sibelius Artist 22022.7

• Mon, Jul 4 2022 7:48 PM In reply to

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 558
    • Points 6,790

Re: Timeline Clip Highlight - when NOT in Effects mode - Interface issue?

Umm... NO, i am not going to re post this in the feature request forum.

Did you read that this is an ISSUE and possible interface bug?  

MC is NOT supposed to function like this.  

Jay

Avid Nexus - HPZ840 - MC 22.04 - Symphony Option [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller