Latest post Tue, Jun 14 2022 8:19 AM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 13 2022 11:09 PM

• YGP52
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 13 2022
    • Posts 24
    • Points 330

Media off line after updating MacOS

I just upgraded my Macos High Sierra to Big Sur. All the MXF files that i had imported are now OFFLINE. How can i relink them in my project that i was editing? Failing that how can i bring the MXF to a project? These MXF Files were given to practice editing and they in my download file. I have media composer first. 
    Thank you. 

Current but TEMPORARY System: Macbook Retina 12 Inch (early 2016) MacOS: High Sierra Version: 10.13.6 Processor: 1.2 GHz Intel Core m5 Memory: 8GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 14 2022 6:58 AM In reply to

Re: Media off line after updating MacOS

It's likely the codec used in those files isn't supported by Big Sur. 

Apple have changed the OSs a lot since Catalina. 

Try using link to link to one of the files and see if that brings the file into a bin. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Tue, Jun 14 2022 8:19 AM In reply to

Re: Media off line after updating MacOS

As Pat says, a lot changed with the elimination of 32-bit app support in Catalina. Take a look at 'macOS Catalina support' in this document for more details (the information applies to all macOS versions post-Mojave):

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/WhatsNew_MediaComposer_v20.4.pdf

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller