Latest post Tue, Jun 14 2022 8:22 PM by Philip Kapadia. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 13 2022 6:51 PM

• GreekGuy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 14
    • Points 250

Cannot get Avid to even install

I am using Avid link.  I downloaded Avid 2022.4 andti goes into "INSTALLING" mode, and never comes out of it.  Can ANYONE suggest how to install it if not through Link?

• Mon, Jun 13 2022 8:57 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot get Avid to even install

Hi, 

Try installing from the MyAvid website. 

Here is a direct download link from Avid to MC 2022.4

https://cdn.avid.com/Media_Composer/2022.4/MHIJ78ML/Media_Composer_22.4.0_Win.zip

Unzip the file and go through the install wizard. 

Let me know if you need further help. 

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Sibelius Artist 22022.7

• Mon, Jun 13 2022 9:19 PM In reply to

GreekGuy:

I am using Avid link.  I downloaded Avid 2022.4 andti goes into "INSTALLING" mode, and never comes out of it.  Can ANYONE suggest how to install it if not through Link?

It would help to know your system specifications. Which specific operating system? Processor? Amount of RAM? Where is your media stored? Look at my profile at the bottom of this post for an example.

If you fill out this information in your profile, you won't have to type it out every time you need help.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jun 13 2022 11:49 PM In reply to

• GreekGuy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 250

That worked.  Thank you.

• Tue, Jun 14 2022 5:17 PM In reply to

• GreekGuy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 14
    • Points 250

Okay... I am back in trouble again and this is MADDENING.  

I am on a Macbook Pro running Catalina.  16gb RAM.  These specs shouldn't matter beacuse...I cannot even get past VERIFY on the dmg file for Avid 2019.12!!!  I have tried EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN except the correct soultion.  I have tried Command-I to chage the read to read/write.  I have checked my Security Preferences to allow apps developed from...  I have tried using terminal with the -noverify command (no path exists when I put in the path to the dmg file).  I have tried using Installer from the Utilities folder (the dmg is greayed out).  WTF is going on???  Why can't it get past the veirify stage and open the dmg file?  I have NEVER had a problem like this ever.

Any help would be a godsend because I don;t think God himself could figure this one out. 

• Tue, Jun 14 2022 8:22 PM In reply to

Sorry to hear, we will figure this out. 

Do you have an support contract with Avid? If you do have one, create a support case: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-support

If you do not have a support contract, email me: philipkapadia@gmail.com and I can get you sorted.

Alternatively, email Chris.bove@avid.com and he can might be able to help.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Sibelius Artist 22022.7

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller