Latest post Sat, Jun 11 2022 4:34 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 9 2022 9:44 AM

• BurghMD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 7 2014
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

Music crashing MC - MP3 format the problem

I have been having a lot of trouble when I lay a music track in through the media source.  The music plays in the preview monitor, but when I set it up in sequence, MC hesitates the stops and crashes.  Should I change my music format?  

Thanks for any help.  

Mark Burgh

• Thu, Jun 9 2022 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: Music crashing MC - MP3 format the problem

What specific version of Media Composer and the macOS are you running? Are the music tracks linked only, transcoded, or imported? What format is the project? Where are the original files stored (what kind of hard drive, how is it connected) and if you've transcoded or imported them what resolution did you use?

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 9 2022 10:19 AM In reply to

• BurghMD
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

2022.4. Mac 2019 iMac Monterey. They are linked. I tried converting my music to MP4, but I had the same issue. 

camoscato:

What specific version of Media Composer and the macOS are you running? Are the music tracks linked only, transcoded, or imported? What format is the project? Where are the original files stored (what kind of hard drive, how is it connected) and if you've transcoded or imported them what resolution did you use?

• Thu, Jun 9 2022 10:28 AM In reply to

BurghMD:
    They are linked.

Does playback improve if you transcode them?

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sat, Jun 11 2022 2:11 PM In reply to

• BurghMD
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 300

camoscato:

BurghMD:
    They are linked.

Does playback improve if you transcode them?

Thanks for your help. I found the problem - I didn't set the Avid files correctly and they filled my hard drive. Once I cleared them off, things were better. Also, ordered more RAM and storage.  

• Sat, Jun 11 2022 4:34 PM In reply to

Thanks for letting us know how you solved it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller