Latest post Fri, May 27 2022 3:06 PM by Rory T. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 20 2022 8:30 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,050

MXF OP1a AMA Export Failure

I am trying to export an OP1a sequence  and it keeps erroring out giveing a "AMA Export Failure.  Check Console for More details."

The original sequence did have some corrupt effects and was giving a "core consistancy" error in parts.  These were all deleted and recreated but the Export Failure error is still occuring.  In the console it says "Avid MediaProcessor Plug-In: Media Processor failed to run chain manager:A request to allocate 896475584 bytes is being rejected as it is beyond the currently set limit of 268435456 bytes."

I thought this might point to the media cache being set too low so I increased but it did not help.  Someone here menioned the console commands Checksequences and Repairsequenses but nether helped.  

For some strange reason it did export Same as Source.  So that was linked back in and the OP1a was attempted to export again.  It failed again.  

This was tried on threee differnet computers.  Two running 2018.12 and a 2020.4.  It is also for a show that is at Ep.10 so there is nothing that should be out of the ordinary in it other than it is twice as long 85mins. 

The console message is from the 2018 version.  The console says "AMA Export Failure.  Check Console for More details." but nothing else on the 2020.4 version.  

I am at a loss as to what else can be tried?  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated as always.

Thank you,

Rory

TLDR: It was a DYING DISK on my NEXIS but if that is not the case with you read on for a potential solution. 

• Fri, May 20 2022 9:23 PM In reply to

Re: MXF OP1a AMA Export Failure

Hi,

If it were me, I would begin a divide and conquer session to see if another clip or effect is at fault. Maybe one from same time period as your removed corrupted fx.

Also, try doing the Export on a cooy without Audio.

Do you use AMA linked clips in your sequence?  If not, then double-check that there are none in your sequence, using Timeline view.  Good luck.

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller for silky smooth playback; Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch; AJA i/o Express with... [view my complete system specs]

-Telegram!

• Sat, May 21 2022 10:41 AM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,050

Thank you for the reply.

I 100% understand this but as the sequence exported as Same as Source when that is linked back in, all effects/renders layers are all "by passed" as it is new media. 

It was also thought it might be a legnth issue so we tried to export in two parts but both failed. 

It feels like a corrupt clip/effects but then same as source should not have worked.  As it did that is then completlety new media (as far as my knoldge goes).

One other thing was tried was deleting the databased from the folder from that day (it was exported the day previous with no problems).  The media exisits on a Nexis, one thing I didn't try is to consolidate to a local drive but if it is a nexis problem the issue is much larger. 

Edit: There is no AMA media in the original sequence but obviously the same as source export is linked back in.  I could try import that but that is not optimal.  I will try export without audio to see if it is different.  I have noticed in the past audio effects get corrupt easily but as this was a same as source all effects should be rendered correctly. 

Edit 2: A mixdown was also tried on the original sequence.  The mixdown was successful but the OP1a export still failed with the same error.

• Sat, May 21 2022 11:29 AM In reply to

I was wondering if you googled* around, looking for all or parts of that error message related to duration/length.? 

Consolidating to local makes sense to me.

The support team is available to you, I hope. I suspect your deadline is looming.

Can you tell me what version and/or platform? Just curious. I had the same issue with an end-of-export error but it was only a 20 minute timeline, which did have corrupt clip (audio).

I never use SAS export anymore. 

Would it be worthwhile to create a brand new User and just use it as-is to attempt the Export, without bothering to re-customize? 

*EDIT: There were some google hits to this forum,  re: v2018 versions, involving failure to export. Various stuff involving Direct Out and # of channels, fwiw. I used this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=failed+to+run+chain+manager%3A&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS775US775&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.69i176j69i59i450l5.1350995j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller for silky smooth playback; Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch; AJA i/o Express with... [view my complete system specs]

-Telegram!

• Sat, May 21 2022 12:11 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,050

I can find some hits based on "Media Processor failed to run chain manager:" but nothing that references the rest of the error.  All of it seems to talk about audio.  The set limit numbers were are always the same (in the two times I paid attention), but I am just not sure what it is telling me to increase.  I think there is 96GB of RAM in the machine. 

I just talked to the online editor and he said that the SAS export was done to a local disk so linking to that would also rule out the Nexis.

All attempts were done on windows 10.  3 different computers (so three different users essentially, if it were a corrupt user).  Two 2018.12.13 (I am confident but would need to confirm) and one 2020.4. 

I asked the online editor to try export last weeks episode to see if it exports.  Not sure I want it to work or not because it either points to three systems being inherently broken or the media is inherently corrupt, dispite it being "new media". 

Another suggestion may be to consolidate the original media to a local disk but again it is not optimal. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

• Sat, May 21 2022 1:42 PM In reply to

You're welcome. Good luck tracking it down. Perhaps it has something to do with Enterprise MC?, which suposedly can set limits on various things- that is a wild guess.

The only other thought was: is the sequence using Multi-Groups and or Groups and did you try the Export on a copy where you ran the Multicamera tool that eliminates them? (No Groups). I forget what the tool is called.

-Telegram!

• Sat, May 21 2022 5:04 PM In reply to

• jo56lu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 52
    • Points 680

Hi Telegram!

You said: "I never use SAS export anymore"

Do you have a specific reason for that?

Thanks

Johny

HP Z840 2 x E5-2630V3 8 core, 32 GB RAM, Quadro K4200, AJA KONA LHe Plus w/KL-Box, LSI internal RAID, Win 7 Pro, Avid MC 8.10 w/Symph option [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 21 2022 5:39 PM In reply to

Hi, No it just happened when OP1a HD 50 MXF becane my main deliverable, whenever that was introduced in MC.

-Telegram!

• Sat, May 21 2022 7:10 PM In reply to

• jo56lu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 52
    • Points 680

Ah, I see. Thanks

HP Z840 2 x E5-2630V3 8 core, 32 GB RAM, Quadro K4200, AJA KONA LHe Plus w/KL-Box, LSI internal RAID, Win 7 Pro, Avid MC 8.10 w/Symph option [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 21 2022 11:25 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,050

FWIW last weeks episode re-expoted with out issue (today).  The last thing I advised the online editor to try was delete all renders and recreate.  I do not know the answer to if this worked or not but I will report back (it's 12:30am). 

I also mentioned deleting the audio and re-try but I am not sure if he did, because even it it worked it would not help create the deliverable, but it would be worth knowing.

I do think deleting all renders will work (he says hopefully) but I also think creating a SAS export should have failed if there was a corrupt effect. 

Thank you all for the input and if I (not actully me but the online editor) figure it out I will say here.

• Fri, May 27 2022 3:06 PM In reply to

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,050

I finally tracked this issue down to a dying disk on the Nexis.  I was aware of it but would have thought with two disk protection that any corrupt media would be then referenced from the non-corrupt media and rendering and re-rendering sequences would avoid the dying disk but this was not the case.  

The SAS export working was a red herring.

Once I pulled the drive everything started to behave.  RMA'd a disk from Avid and had it rebuild overnight a couple of days ago.  

Thank you all for you advice,

Rory

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller