Latest post Tue, May 24 2022 4:06 AM by Jason Sedmak. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 19 2022 2:44 PM

Monterey 12.4 update ?

Hey Macsters

Anyone updated there Mac OS to the available 12.4 from 12.3.1. I am using MC 2022.4 and like to keep current with my OS and Version of MC if possible. Any issues with upgrading my Mac OS ?

I am having a couple small issues with Media Composer. 1 - when I hide Media Composer, (ie Command H) I cannot unhide it as the app crashes. 2- Also I am continually saving as I am crashing a few times a day during regular work . This typically comes when I am working very fast and doing a lot of tasks very fast. Sometimes the saving to attic thing comes up before the crash. I have done a clean instal and trashed site settings MC state etc and new user settings. All the typical stuff. 3- real time effects play irregularly. That is if I put a green dotted effect on a clip it wil sometimes play and sometimes not even if I render it. A bit odd. All else pretty good. Still the best NLE on the planet despite Titler +.

Finally has there ever been any thought to modernizing the interface of these forums ? It hasn't changed since I started on Avid during the paleolithic era. No spell check cluncky upload features etc. 

• Thu, May 19 2022 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Monterey 12.4 update ?

Oh, the horror etc.:
    Finally has there ever been any thought to modernizing the interface of these forums ? It hasn't changed since I started on Avid during the paleolithic era. No spell check cluncky upload features etc. 

You should send this feedback to Chris Bove (chris.bove@avid.com). He's running the community, and is the one who can answer questions about the future of the forum.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, May 24 2022 4:06 AM In reply to

Re: Monterey 12.4 update ?

I am running 12.4 on one of my machines without the issues you're experiencing. Since it's not a currently supported OS for any current Avid release, I wouldn't advise anyone to install it yet, but I'll venture a guess that it's not what's behind your issues. 

Custom, i9-9900K, AMD Radeon VII 64 GB RAM, m.2 SSD, 8x 10GigE to Terrablock, BM SDI 4k, currently running Mac OS 12.2.1. MC Ultimate 2021.12-2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller