Latest post Wed, Jun 1 2022 12:20 PM by RichardWilliamssonik. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 19 2022 12:18 AM

• Ben Allan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 3 2021
    • Canada
    • Posts 43
    • Points 615

Script Sync function not available

Hi I just bought a month of script sync to help figure it out with my assistant and after activation in Avid Link and downloading the laguage pack folder. It seems like I still dont have the option to script sync and AVID seems to think I bouht a year licence. I alreay have AVID for a year. Anyideas or how to get my money back?

Thanks 

• Thu, May 19 2022 8:13 AM In reply to

Re: Script Sync function not available

Hey Ben,

Yes. The best thing to do is to create a support case. 

Link: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-support

Otherwise, Email chris.bove@avid.com and he can help out. 

Don't worry they'll figure it out. 

If you need help figuring script sync out, create a new thread, link me to it and I can help :)

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

• Thu, May 19 2022 9:10 PM In reply to

• Ben Allan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 3 2021
    • Canada
    • Posts 43
    • Points 615

Thanks I've emailed them. I couldn't make head or tail of that support contact page. It say no content when I log in. There is no option to script sync on the drop down menu. Such uselessness 

• Thu, May 26 2022 6:02 PM In reply to

Is this actually a feature in First? It's covered in my book if that helps: www.avid-companion.co.uk.

iMac i5 27", 40GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with MC 2021.9 with Symphony option, BlackMagic mini monitor. 2020 MacBook Air with MC 2021.6 ... and NewsCutter... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Dorset, UK. www.avid-companion.co.uk

• Wed, Jun 1 2022 12:20 PM In reply to

We tend to type up all the dialogue so that editors can search later for particular words or phrases...but I keep seeing Script Sync mentioned and it seems like it would save us a lot of work? But I'm not quite sure how it functions or its accuracy. If you have a script as an (editable) PDF, are you able to input it?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller