Latest post Sun, May 15 2022 5:30 PM by Telegram!. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 14 2022 1:13 AM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 4,004
    • Points 48,325

Re: recreating title media

Oh, the horror etc.:

I am working with a group where some are using MC 7 and slightly higher and are sending bins to us. I am on MC 2022.4 and cannot seem to recreate there tilte media which I guess was done in the earlier version of title tool. Am I sol here or should I be able to recreate the title media ? I of course cannot use this legacy title tool as it will not work passed catalina on mac. Also will they be able to view the titles I create in Tiler + in 2022.4 ?

If you need to get this project completed with any flexibility, I would stop hoping that Avid will solve the problem. You will just give yourself heartburn.

For a temp fix for offline, use the TC Generator tool.  The bottom option is a Text block.  This tool is standard on all Media Composers back a few generations.  Use this to get content, timing and approval.  It will work between versions.

Use something like Photoshop or After Effects (my choice) for final title creation.  Those tools are better than any Avid text has ever been and they are commonly available.  If cost is a factor, use Gimp.  If you need fancy and free, download the free version of Blackmagic Fusion (steep learning curve).

There are ways to work around this crap situation.  To quote Nike, "Just do it."

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." 2021 iMac w Big Sur [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

• Sat, May 14 2022 7:44 AM In reply to

Oh, the horror etc.:

Your comment is not appreciated. Serious people are trying to get real work done and we need a solution. We are all giving helpful suggestions to a real problem. If you have anything relevant to add please do. 

He actually posted a workflow that might solve your problem right before you posted:

Oh, the horror etc.:

I actually still have a floppy drive.

So maybe chill?

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, May 15 2022 5:30 PM In reply to

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller for silky smooth playback; Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch; AJA i/o Express with... [view my complete system specs]

-Telegram!

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller