Latest post Sun, May 15 2022 5:30 PM by Telegram!. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 13 2022 3:10 PM

recreating title media

Hi

I am working with a group where some are using MC 7 and slightly higher and are sending bins to us. I am on MC 2022.4 and cannot seem to recreate there tilte media which I guess was done in the earlier version of title tool. Am I sol here or should I be able to recreate the title media ? I of course cannot use this legacy title tool as it will not work passed catalina on mac. Also will they be able to view the titles I create in Tiler + in 2022.4 ?

Thanks 

• Fri, May 13 2022 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: recreating title media

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the titles created in pre-Catalina systems with the legacy Title Tool aren't supported in post-Catalina systems.

Titler+ was introduced in v2018.12, so I'm afraid your Titler+ titles will not work in their MC7 systems.

If you can work on a pre-Catalina system you can download the legacy title tool, or if you can work on a Windows system the legacy title tool is still installed with Media Composer.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, May 13 2022 4:47 PM In reply to

For an NLE that prided itself on compatibilty across versions this is very sad. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:01 PM In reply to

camoscato:

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the titles created in pre-Catalina systems with the legacy Title Tool aren't supported in post-Catalina systems.

Titler+ was introduced in v2018.12, so I'm afraid your Titler+ titles will not work in their MC7 systems.

If you can work on a pre-Catalina system you can download the legacy title tool, or if you can work on a Windows system the legacy title tool is still installed with Media Composer.

What would the workflow be if you also had a v20xx.xx PC ?
    Is there a "recreate titles" pathway from v7 Title Tool sequences to v2022 Titler+ Titles?

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller for silky smooth playback; Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch; AJA i/o Express with... [view my complete system specs]

-Telegram!

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:12 PM In reply to

Telegram!:
    What would the workflow be if you also had a v20xx.xx PC ?

If you had a PC system running any version of Media Composer, it would just see the titles created in the legacy title tool on the MC7 system and you're good to go.

Telegram!:
    Is there a "recreate titles" pathway from v7 Title Tool sequences to v2022 Titler+ Titles?

If the MC7 legacy title tool titles were offline on the MC20xx.xx PC system, you could use 'recreate titles' to bring them back online, and I think (but I don't know for sure) you can update them to Titler+ at that point.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:20 PM In reply to

I don't own a PC. Is there a bias against Mac ?

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:30 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • PA
    • Posts 196
    • Points 2,500

It's not a bias from Avid. Apple dropped support for 32-bit applications starting with Catalina. The legacy Title Tool is a 32-bit application. MacOS Catalina and beyond isn't capable of opening it.

On the Microsoft side of the world, Windows still supports DOS applications from the 1980s. Hence, a Windows-based system can still use Title Tool.

HP zBook 17 G3, z220, HP z240, HP z420, HP z440, HP z840, HP Z4 G4, Dell Precision 3430, Dell Precision 7810, Apple iMac i5 27-Inch (5K, Late 2015). 16GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 13 2022 6:41 PM In reply to

camoscato:
    If the MC7 legacy title tool titles were offline on the MC20xx.xx PC system, you could use 'recreate titles' to bring them back online, and I think (but I don't know for sure) you can update them to Titler+ at that point.

So, if that can happen, what if you opened your v20-something PC Project ito your v20-something Mac... could you then make two sequences-- one with v7 legacy titles and another with Titler + titles... so that you can round-trip back to your v7 team?

Squeeze v11 EOL-Pro Sony BM2100 Telecine with variable speed controller for silky smooth playback; Casio VL-Tone, CZ-101, LCD watch; AJA i/o Express with... [view my complete system specs]

-Telegram!

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:44 PM In reply to

I actually still have a floppy drive.

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:46 PM In reply to

Avid Media Composer was ground breaking in the 80s and is still the best NLE. Why does it always have such mediocre text tools like Marquee and Titler +.I was very happy with Title tool please make it 64 bit for my simple needs.

• Fri, May 13 2022 6:59 PM In reply to

Telegram!:

camoscato:

So, if that can happen, what if you opened your v20-something PC Project ito your v20-something Mac... could you then make two sequences-- one with v7 legacy titles and another with Titler + titles... so that you can round-trip back to your v7 team?

That might work. The only thread I could find about someone who updated legacy titles to Titler+ reported only the text came through and none of the keyframe information. I don't know if the situation has gotten better or not. 

• Fri, May 13 2022 8:08 PM In reply to

camoscato:

Telegram!:

camoscato:

That might work. The only thread I could find about someone who updated legacy titles to Titler+ reported only the text came through and none of the keyframe information. I don't know if the situation has gotten better or not. 

Seems like it keeps improving with every version. 

Thanks for checking. I hardly ever need Titles, let alone worry about collaborating with older MC's.

I just made a basic, full 4K drop-shadowed title-- a .png with alpha, using that old open source standby, Gimp 2.0 and if Titler+ looks anything like that, it will be amazing... I guess it is time to learn the new Titler+ workflow. I hope I can also use Titler+ to export a 4K .png with Alpha. I liked being able to do a "Save As" export like that in Marquee, in HD.  

-Telegram!

• Fri, May 13 2022 10:27 PM In reply to

One of the crippling issues with Title + is its had 3 years of tweaks fixes and changes. I find trying to move projects with titles (in Titler +) around systems over all the versions since 2020.4 is basically Russian roulette.

You have no idea if your titles will come across and if they do how complete they will be.

It's an impossible position to be in.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

• Fri, May 13 2022 10:42 PM In reply to

When I started out, we didn't have no fancy shmantzy character generator, we used a magic marker and a burned out black and white camera, and we liked it. Maybe if you felt like it, you would key in a color. I think Titler+ will be fine especially if they gjve away free add-ons, like "follow tbe bouncing ball" and "thought balloons". 

-Telegram!

• Fri, May 13 2022 10:57 PM In reply to

Your comment is not appreciated. Serious people are trying to get real work done and we need a solution. We are all giving helpful suggestions to a real problem. If you have anything relevant to add please do. 

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller