Latest post Mon, May 9 2022 4:28 PM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 9 2022 11:59 AM

Legacy tools

Hey all I noticed that Avid legacy tools hasn't been tucked in with the Media Composer downloads for 2 or 3 versions. Is it still ok to use them with 2022.4. There a few things I still like to use but do not want to create a buggy situation that I have had in the previous version of MC that was caused by Boris or Red giant or whatever where I was getting the spinning beach ball on Attic saves and when I tried to quit MC. I have unistalled trial versions of Boris and Red Giant and downloaded the latest 2022.4 and things seem to be going OK. I am running the latest Mac Studio M1.

Thanks

• Mon, May 9 2022 1:45 PM In reply to

Re: Legacy tools

Just to be clear, what do you mean by legacy tools?

You might find what your looking for in the download center: https://my.avid.com/esd/Product/Information/7

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.6 | Sibelius Artist 22022.5

• Mon, May 9 2022 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Legacy tools

GaryF:
    Is it still ok to use them with 2022.4.

Yes, as long as you're running Mojave or earlier Mac OS you can run the legacy title tool.

For anyone else reading this, the legacy title tool won't work on Catalina or later Mac OS. The legacy tool download is not required on Windows, as the legacy title tool installs with Media Composer as it has always done in the past.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller